• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lefty golfer

Longest hitting ball

12 posts in this topic

I've usually play the titleist pro vl/v1x because I tend to find a lot on the course I play at, but I would like to hit a ball the has the farthest distance and rolls out a little more on chips and approaches. I have heard about sleaze gear rd and callaway hx hot
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Nike PD long has very little spin on the green and takes off nice from the tee.  If feels like a rock but it has some good distance for a good price point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the long drive guys use the Pinnacle Gold

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by lefty golfer

I've usually play the titleist pro vl/v1x because I tend to find a lot on the course I play at, but I would like to hit a ball the has the farthest distance and rolls out a little more on chips and approaches. I have heard about sleaze gear rd and callaway hx hot

Flying Lady Pink Balls for scrambles= LONG

but if you want to play a round.. Top Flite Freak's are the longest for sure. I hit them a good 15-20 yards longer than a Pro V

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play mostly with Pro V1s but occasionally play with other balls that I find when mowing the course.

Some balls I absolutely hate (and won't play with at all) but I don't see much difference in distance in the ones I will play with.

Depends a lot more on how well I'm hitting the ball than the type of ball. That said, I really hit some long balls (for me) last week and I was playing with a Calloway Tour iZ. No way to know if the ball had anything to do with it, or if I was just having a good day.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by inthehole

the long drive guys use the Pinnacle Gold

Funny, last year I thought they were using slazenger raw distance balls.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthehole

the long drive guys use the Pinnacle Gold

Funny, last year I thought they were using slazenger raw distance balls.

I was under the same impression.

In a scramble back in June, I hit drives with both a ProV1x and Slazenger Raw and Xtreme Ti. I didn't see a significant difference in yardage off the tee.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by GHIN0011458

Flying Lady Pink Balls for scrambles= LONG

but if you want to play a round.. Top Flite Freak's are the longest for sure. I hit them a good 15-20 yards longer than a Pro V

I cant find the freaks anymore.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Titleist Velocity.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by hammerhead

I cant find the freaks anymore.

Yeah I have to find them in used ball bins at courses or Play it Again stores.. But I do think they still sell them. Not sure.. I buy them used because when I hit them, it is in a scramble and I am going for something that is most likely unrealistic lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There isn't much difference. I say just try to find a ball that matches your impact. Lower swing speed wants a bit less compression in the golf ball. Higher swing speed wants a bit higher compression. I usually play mid priced or premium golf balls, which ever sale is better , and i haven't found that much difference in distance. Most of them are with in 5 yards, nothing earth shattering. I rather fit golf balls to my iron and wedge game. That is were i really want to score with. I rather take 5 yards off the driver, and add better performance around the green.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by saevel25

There isn't much difference. I say just try to find a ball that matches your impact. Lower swing speed wants a bit less compression in the golf ball. Higher swing speed wants a bit higher compression. I usually play mid priced or premium golf balls, which ever sale is better , and i haven't found that much difference in distance. Most of them are with in 5 yards, nothing earth shattering. I rather fit golf balls to my iron and wedge game. That is were i really want to score with. I rather take 5 yards off the driver, and add better performance around the green.

I agree with this completely. Losing 5 yards max distance off the driver shouldn't have a huge impact on your game unless you are barely clearing hazards, and if that's the case you are taking unneeded risks. Better to have a shot at sticking approach shots and chips/pitches close.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0