IGNORED

2005 PGA Majors

iacas
Note: This thread is 6976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Here are my predictions for the 2005 majors. Obviously it's very early.

Masters - Tiger Woods
US Open - Ernie Els
British Open - Sergio Garcia
PGA - Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods will have something to prove, and I think he'll cap both ends of the year proving it. He'll play well but drive too wildly in the US Open, where Ernie will make up for a disappointing 2005. The first-time winner will be Sergio Garcia, long overdue even though he's, what, 12?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12!? Blasphemy!!! Hmph.

I suppose I'll throw my predictions out there, as well. I did pretty well this year in my first ever season of fantasy golf, coincidentally in ever tournament but the Majors. Maybe my luck will change.

Masters - Tiger Woods
U.S. Open - Phil Mickelson
British Open - Ernie Els
PGA - Adam Scott

My heart tells me that Sergio will get his first Major victory in 2005, but my heart told me the same thing in 2004. I'm on the Adam Scott bandwagon now, so he gets my emotional pick. ;)

Haven't you guys been playing attention, or did you completely forget about Vijay's year?

Masters - Vijay
U.S. Open - Els
British - Vijay
PGA - Tiger

I don't see Tiger pulling his act together enough to take either Augusta or Pinehurst this year. Vijay's been strong, and I think he'll continue to dominate. And, Ernie will sneak in there, too...

You're probably right, Braz. But I strongly dislike Vijay and what I consider to be his anti-social personality. He just doesn't seem like he loves the game as much as others do. Of course, that doesn't make him any less dominant, obviously. He will probably win at least one Major next year. But I'm going to keep hoping he doesn't.

• Administrator
Haven't you guys been playing attention, or did you completely forget about Vijay's year?

I didn't forget about Vijay. He had a good three months. A stellar three months. The beginning of the year he was about his usual self, winning two or so.

I didn't forget about him... but I did say he won't win a major in 2004. Here's another question: how will players rank in cumulative placement in the four majors between the top 4 in the world: Tiger, Ernie, Vijay, and Phil. Here's how my list goes: Tiger: 15th Cumulative Ernie: 17th Cumulative Vijay: 33rd Cumulative Phil: 50th Cumulative Despite the 59, I don't see Phil having a good year. He was very close in the majors, but then played like butt at a few other tournaments.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Keep in mind this is who I'm predicting severly tainted by who I'd like to see win.
Augusta - Fred Couples always plays well there and as long as he's healthy, I think he's playing really well now, still tattooing the ball.
US Open - John Daly + Short course + wide fairways = championship
PGA Champ. - Tiger Woods, he's got to end the slump sometime.
British Open - Davis Love III, I think his ball flight's perfectly suited to the old course.

British Open

What's interesting here is that I didn't even realize Davis had been doing well at the British. Then I looked back at his results and since his missed cut in 1996, he's placed in the top 15 every year, with a 4th and a 5th the past two years. Maybe it's his time. Hm!

Hooked On Phonics Worked For Me!

• 3 weeks later...
Masters - Tiger
US Open - Vijay
PGA - Miguel Angel Jiminez or Adam Scott
British Open - Retief Goosen

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

AHHH let me see into my crystal golf ball {19.99 dz} this is very interesting.It says here that Phill will defend at the Masters.It also says that Phill played a close second to Payne last time at #2 so this time it is his.The Big Easy at St.Andrews and Vijay and PGA rhymes so you got it.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• 2 months later...

Well, I had to dig down deep to find this topic, but it is a good one. And most of you replied before the 2005 season even started, so maybe I have an advantage. I doubt it.. Here goes.

Masters- Chris Dimarco
US Open- Ernie Els
British Open- Darren Clarke
PGA Championship- Tiger Woods

**I think Tiger will win one this year for sure, but it could be any of these, especially the British since it's going to be at St. Andrews where he dominated 5 years ago.

**I also think either Dimarco or Clarke will win their first majors this year. I give up on thinking Sergio will win one, but I'll still be pulling for him to win one.

**And finally, I would love to see Charles Howell win one, as he has placed very well in the Masters a couple times I think. I know he did well last year for sure. But then again, I just wish he would win any tournament right now.

my picks
Masters - Tiger
US Open - Vijay
British - Tiger
PGA - Paul Casey

I think Ernie win either the US or the British. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a European win a major...Ian Poulter maybe?

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

Masters: Vijay Singh
U.S. Open: Retief Goosen
British: Miguel Angel Jimenez
P.G.A.: Charles Howell
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

Note: This thread is 6976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!