IGNORED

Phil Mickelson story...

Finn07
Note: This thread is 6083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So this week the Barclays Classic was in Harrison at Westchester CC, about 10 minutes from my house. Anyhow my friend who is a police officer was assigned to Mickelson, along with two other P.O's. Basically staying with him the entire day, wherever he goes, on the course, wherever. So after the final round my buddy walks him to his car and Mickelson looks at his caddy and says "Bones grab me one of my gloves." So Bones grabs him a glove out of his bag and he signs it, "Thanks for all your help this week, Phil Mickelson." My buddy is not a golf fan at all so that glove is mine.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

phil gave me his ball after his first round at bethpage and i got his and the rest of the pga tour's autograph at shinnecock during the practice rounds.....except for tiger....he refused to sign any autographs after his practice round while phil signed from 2:30 until 4:00

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

wow.....I am definitely not a fan of Mickelson, but that is a positive action and nice gesture on his part. Good to see and hear things like that. Nice score btw...
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Well aparently I talked to your friend for a little bit if he was the one following Phil. I was at the range and when Lefty came in I talked to his officer for a bit.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

Really cool. I wondered how odd that'd be, to have an officer assigned to watch you, or a rules official in your group. Are you supposed to tip them afterwards? I'm glad some folks give 'em a token of thanks.

How to behave as a golf superstar isn't something I have to worry about at the moment.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thats pretty sick finn, but aparently phil is a really fake person, and this kinda adds to it. how long did it take for phil to sign the glove? 2 seconds? thats still real cool that you got it though. maybe im just bias, for some reason i have hated phil for as long as i can remember

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

I like the guy. Met him...and he's a likable, genuine gentleman behind closed doors.

Yet I still don't like him.

Why? Because he's a natural right-handed person and not a true lefty. And the damn jerk is just plain nice.

Damn him to hell for those 731 PM irons...and switching to Callaway! Damn him to hell!

Thats pretty sick finn, but aparently phil is a really fake person, and this kinda adds to it. how long did it take for phil to sign the glove? 2 seconds? thats still real cool that you got it though. maybe im just bias, for some reason i have hated phil for as long as i can remember

Too bad you feel that way. All the things I hear about him are good. Did you know he is paying for a girl's college that he never met? I understand her family is having a rough time, mother is sick, father injured. He heard about it and set up a fund to pay her college costs.

http://www.worldgolf.com/blogs/willi...onrad_dobler_s

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Too bad you feel that way. All the things I hear about him are good. Did you know he is paying for a girl's college that he never met? I understand her family is having a rough time, mother is sick, father injured. He heard about it and set up a fund to pay her college costs.

Now that is admirable right there. Still though, read Stuart Appleby's interview in the latest Golf Digest, and he talks about the stuff Phil does that makes him one of Sports Illustrated top 10 most least-likeable athletes.

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

Now that is admirable right there. Still though, read Stuart Appleby's interview in the latest Golf Digest, and he talks about the stuff Phil does that makes him one of Sports Illustrated top 10 most least-likeable athletes.

I have mixed feelings about him. I told my buddy all the shit that is said about him and he truly doesnt see it. He told my friend, "If you can tell all the fans that Ill sign near the putting green today because I dont want to hose anybody." However, I did read that article in Golf Digest. I dont know what to think. The stuff he says does seem rehearsed most of the time. I wrote a good thread last year on a story at the Barclays that my buddy told me. It was real nice about Phil. Ill see if I can find the link and post it. BTW the PGA Tour makes them have officers. My friend was actually assigned to Tiger, and believe it or not Tiger absolutely hates having cops with him, but again the PGA makes it happen.

Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

geez, what should he have given him then? the car, his clubs, his wallet, or better yet his Wife? after all while a glove is a small item, it was given away by Phil when he didn't have to give anything......I assume this PO was just doing his job after all.

I have also heard good stories about Phil. My boss was at the (Scottish Open I think) the tournament where Phil lost in the playoff.

Anyway, he said phil had stayed for hours after he finished signing autographs.

Phil is a great guy. I watch him all the time on TV. At one tournament he hit a drive that hit a guy and broke his watch. Phil gave him $300.00 right there. Does anyone have the link to all the things he does that make him not likeable? I'd like to see it.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Idiots out there just say he's fake and puts on an act. Thats pretty funny cause this "Act" of his has been going on for the last 20yrs. Youd think people by now would just realize Phil is Phil. Hes a nice guy, who KNOWS how to talk. Its not rehearsed, but hes a very smart man and knows how to choose his words. What would you rather him be like...Sabbatini?

All I know is Phil dedicates a lot of time to his fans and to charity, how you could hate that when most other golfers dont give a damn is beyond me. To each his own I guess.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

Ever read about his Birdies for the Brave? He personally gives $100 for each birdie and $500 for each eagle to charities for our troops. So far this year he's given $26,900 and Callaway is matching every cent for $53,800 total so far. He doesn't have to do anything like this, but he does anyway. That's a good guy in my book.

http://www.birdiesforthebrave.org/

The man is pych.grad from AZ state.Both the Mrs and him graduated and belive in education and put money up for schools all over the country.Why is it all the foriegn players have bad things to say about him?The only thing I have seen Amy or him do bad is dress Evan in that Fauntlaroy suit at the ATT tourney.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I read the Appleby article . Phil sounded more lazy for not driving than a bad guy. The PGA let him play so I would put the blame on them not Phil.

Appleby also talks about Phil's interviews. Big deal, every baseball/football player give the same worthless canned interview.

If Tiger treated fans like Phil he would be so insanely popular that the other pros would be nearly invisible.

hammerTyme();
stop();

Phil is a great guy. I watch him all the time on TV. At one tournament he hit a drive that hit a guy and broke his watch. Phil gave him $300.00 right there. Does anyone have the link to all the things he does that make him not likeable? I'd like to see it.

No doubt, i've always thought he was mis-understood. I think alot of the "phil hate" comes from the fact that alot of the charity work he does, and nice guy role he plays, makes alot of PGA players feel undermined like he is trying to appear better than them by doing more. Im sure they do stuff that doesnt get noticed because they're not in the spot light like Phil is. I do notice alot of players seem to be annoyed with him. Its well known Tiger doesnt like Phil.. but Phil, being the bigger man gives Tiger and Elin a kids ping pong set for their new born. I've never heard anything bad about him either.. other than players/people thinking he's weird or fake.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!