IGNORED

Searching for 3-iron

Note: This thread is 3231 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Speed Blade iron model has a 3 iron, with a 17º loft. However, most Speed Blade model sets came 4-PW.

I suspect an iron with that low a loft might be difficult to hit, and I doubt very many people bought the 3i. So, the single club may be difficult to find.

I checked TaylorMade Preowned, Second Swing, and eBay, and saw no SB 3 irons.... good luck!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

^^^^ this! You would have to keep an eye out to find one of these! If not, The closest you might find would be the RocketBladez 3i, I have seen these on eBay a while ago as I toyed with the idea of buying one, but the 4i is hard enough to hit so chose a hybrid instead!

Gaz Lee

http://geb.ebay.in/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=400701329129&-NEW-TAYLORMADE-SPEEDBLADE-SINGLE-3-IRON-SPEEDBLADE-REGULAR-FLEX-STEEL Exactly what you want for the cheep price of $260 American...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Valleygolfer found one trending at $260.

That's a lot of $$, considering TM will sell you a full Speed Blade set 4-AW - with stock shafts - for $499.

Are you sure this person wants a 3i?

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Are you sure this person wants a 3i?

Yeah, I'd make sure they actually want one before spending the cash. There's a reason most sets don't come with one. I replaced my 3i with an umbrella which I hit considerably farther.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

3i is not impossible to hit, and she did say it was a gift for a friend who is presumably a low handicap golfer?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah, I'd make sure they actually want one before spending the cash. There's a reason most sets don't come with one. I replaced my 3i with an umbrella which I hit considerably farther.

How far do you hit an umbrella? Is it open or closed?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

How far do you hit an umbrella? Is it open or closed?

Open for a draw, closed for a fade. :-P

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Your husband is an excellent golfer who likes Game Improvement (user-friendly) irons. Speed Blades fit this niche.

Unfortunately, your husband is one of the few golfers who wants a Speed Blade 3i.

At 17° loft, the SB 3i has less loft than most 2i models.And, since Speed Blade is out of production, TM likely doesn't have too many SB 3i heads setting around the factory.

So, what you might do is see if he's interested in TM Ultimate Driving Irons. These come in U1, U2 and U3 models (see below), and many better golfers buy them to use instead of their set's long irons, or hybrids.

Iron

Loft

Shaft

TM Speed Blade

4i

20°

38.875”

3i

17°

39.5”

TM Ultimate Driving Iron

U.3

20°

38.75”

U.2

18°

39.25”

U.1

16°

39.75”

What he might do is get the U2, and have the shaft lengthened about 1/4". If he goes this route, he will want to go for a fitting to make sure he likes the U option, and then get one that fits him just right. (MSRP = about $199)

@1GolfinGal ,

You deserve major + + + wife points for this!

Not really.

But, thank you for thinking so!

Are you kidding? If my wife signed onto a golf forum and not only that but to find a club for me, wow! Major points to you! :dance:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I am a mid handicap 13.9 Index but I have no trouble hitting a 4 iron or 3 iron. Some clubs are longer and my 5 iron is the same length as most 4 irons. I tried a couple of friends 3 irons as well and never had a problem hitting them. I actually prefer a 4 iron to a 4 hybrid. Maybe it's just the brand that's easier, I have/had Taylormades but they were just stolen. Now I have to search for clubs that I like.

Note: This thread is 3231 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!