IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

I had two great shots yesterday.

1- the longest drive I've had in years...and it was in the fairway.  Easy swing with a gap wedge to the green.

2- the gap wedge shot that followed that long drive.  It's a beautiful thing when it's done right.

the other 17 holes?  I'm trying to forget those!

My ~300 yd drive that won me the long drive contest at a tournament over the weekend. Funny thing is I had been fighting a pull-hook the previous 3 holes, and was getting pretty fed up, so I decided on this shot to stop trying to steer the ball and just hit it nice and hard, and it set me up for good driving the rest of the day. Next best shot was a flushed 4i follow-up to give us a chance for eagle, but we couldn't convert.

dak4n6

There was a couple shots really...

Aftera  topped tee shot on a par 5 that went 100 yards, i hit a 3 wood out of the rough to about 195 out, then put a hybrid on the green with a 15 mph wind in my face

Another was the drive on number 18, after pulling my first OB, i hit the perfect draw, cutting the corner and using the wind to gain distanct, if only i did that the first time.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Old-guy's Tuesday morning league. We had 5 on my team today, none of whom could putt.  Started on hole 16, par 3 - hit a lousy shot. 17, par 4, hit a lousy shot or two.  Hole 18 par 4, used my good drive in the center, 147 yards out.  4 lousy shots. AND THEN, I summoned up all the luck I had for the day, and holed out a 7 iron!!!  EAGLE.  We shot a mediocre 6 under, but won a skin on that hole - $27 each.  Only +5 bucks for the day, but that feeling was priceless!  I've made eagles before, but never from that far out.

I love to hate this game!

I hit my first ever legitimate 300 yard drive last night at my home course. The hole says its 360 yards from the white tees on the card, but really it's more like 350 yards. 90% of it was carry and it stopped in the left rough. I was so happy afterwards that I really can't stop smiling about it to myself. It was about 8PM last night so the light was fading and it was only about 75 degrees out. I live at sea level. My second shot was only about 45 yards or something, and I got up and down for birdie.

My drive on the next hole only went 230 yards so this obviously isn't the norm for me, but at least I did it once.

Picture 1.png

Constantine

2nd shot following a good drive ... 4 iron on 15th hole (short ish par 5) ... absolutely smoked it, straight as an arrow & long (for me) - slightly overshot green, so I settled for par.     Best feeling in golf is a plastered long iron...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

5th hole par 4 this morning, 373 yards to the flag, drive was great for me at around 240 and straight down the middle for a change. 130ish to the green, I pulled out my 8i, nice swing, lots of loft, ball drops straight on the green (although 20 ft from the pin) and just stops. 2 putt for par.

Granted, that's not a lot for most people but look at my handicap, I felt like a rock star for about 3 minutes........ Then I proceeded to triple bogey the par 5 that came up next because I topped it off the tee and sent her into the woods.

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

5th hole at my club a par 5 (short one) hit a good drive, had 190 left and hit a 4 iron pin high but 25 feet right of the hole. I missed the eagle but mage birdie.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Hit a shot into the pebbles(around a tree), and actually shot it out with the sandwedge and laid it up on the green about 5 feet from the hole. I was about 30 yards to the pin, definitely my best shot from a "bunker"

I definitely hit my best shot of the week today. No pro could have played it better.

Hole 8

White tee's 254 yards, very short par 4. Tricky dogleg right with water hugging the front right, right, and back of the green. Being a dogleg right, I played my natural slice/fade on the hole. Swung at about 90-95% power and hit a perfect shot. I drew up an example of what the shot looked like.

The hole is listed at 254 yards from the white tee's. Oddly enough that is about the distance on a straight line from the white tee's to the center of the green. I was under the impression that the yardage on a hole was measured according to a center line drawn down the middle of a fairway and not a straight line from the tee to the green. Maybe this hole is listed that way for some other reason, no matter though.  You have to hit a damn good shot to hit this green. On my drive the pin was even positioned near the back of the green. I missed my first eagle putt by about 2 feet. Ok so here is the shot. Tee's listed at 254, ball went 260 yards measured on a straight line, actual ball flight was 283. Here is the layout of my estimated ball flight and distances, which are very very close.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

goodshot_full.jpg

goodshot_green.jpg

Sincerely, Jim

Best shot of the week!

Well that has to be the par 5 18th at Hacienda del Alamo,Murcia Spain!

My scorecard showing i am +1 coming down the last...NEVER have i shot par before!

Pin was tucked away in the back left hand corner on a two tiered green.

Could have taken a 7 iron and played it to the fat of the green but i was in the zone..So i ripped an 8 iron with a draw right into the corner left myself a 4 footer inside left for birdie...stroked it home for a par 72...Shot of the week...was the best shot of my life!

Today shot a shit round (with a friend for free drank more beer than golf) Hit a 6 iron like I have been trying to by compressing the ball and taking a divot much after the ball and cranked a 6 iron 200 yards.  Not a bit of exageration here I looked for the ball 30 yards short of the green, turns out it was pin high 2 yards off.

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

Easily my shot on the first par 3. I put it to within 3 feet. Ball rolled back a single inch from where it hit.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

180 yard par 3 - pushed my tee shot right and it landed in the rough about 30 yards from the green. Walked up to my ball to find it about 20 feet behind a 30 foot tree. I couldn't punch it under the tree towards the green because there was a bunker protecting the green from my angle. My playing partner pointed out that I was screwed, so I looked at him and said "Nah, I'll just go over this tree." He looked at me and laughed. So I pulled out my 60 degree and put some extra loft on the club, took about a 75% swing and lofted it over the tree, it then landed just over the bunker on the fringe and trinkled into the cup for a birdie. I think everybody on the course heard my partner scream when he saw it.

On Sunday, I was 220 out over a hill on a long par 4........absolutely nailed my Cobra S9-1 3 wood.

When we got to the green, there I was 12 feet to the right of the hole......2 putted for Par.

5 iron 190 from the tee to the green par 3 slightly downhill. usually my 5iron is 180-185 but with the downhill i went for it. Slightly over the flag but on the green. 2 putt par but felt good:)

For the first time EVER...........my shot of the week is a DRIVER!!

377yd par4..............dogleg to the right: (330+yds to the green front edge on a direct line)

006-2.jpg?t=1341328654

I drew in the pin because it didn't show well in the pic. The thick white line is the hazard line...anything right of the white line is lost.....so if going for this green, do not cross the white line!! 3 very deep bunkers protect the dogleg.  The more direct line you take towards the green, the longer the carry.........300yd carry over the last bunker.

The approach is very narrow to a skinny green:

004-1.jpg

This is the approach view from just beyond the middle fairway bunker......(and older pic not taken today)

Today was a hot day and the wind was at my back.....

this pic was taken today:

007.jpg

I just barely cleared the corner on a direct line to the green......my ball hit the downsloping fairway and rolled the final 30yds onto the green to right behind the pin.   Luckily I did not choke......I drained the 6-7ft putt for an eagle 2!!  Gotta love it (I've played this hole 800+ times, and it's only the 3rd time I hit the green)

This was my 11th career par4 eagle, and my 7th eagle of 2012.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch