IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

got out for the back 9 today. par 3 that played a little longer than it said so my first shot was a little shorter than i wanted. next shot was from here:

to here:

and yes i did kick it in for par...

Driver through pw & putter

SW & LW

A chip from 10 yards off the green to a pin 20 feet onto the green in the bottom of the cup for par. Highlight of a rainy day. Didn't shoot great overall because we stopped for about 15 minutes, 4 times today to just sit in the cart and wait for the rain to stop. Still, sweet shot!
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Drove the green on two par 4's at Dunwoodie. One was 250 yards, was able to throw it off a bunker in front and leave myself 30 feet for eagle. Gave it a chance, made the comebacker for birdie. Nine was 236 yards, but uphill, I drove it into the hill and was about 10 feet short of the pin. Juuuust missed the eagle putt, tap in for 2 birdies on the front. Yay!

In the bag...

Driver: Sumo Squared 2007 Model, 10.5, Stiff Shaft
2I: Sumo Squared Hybrid
3I-SW: Nike Ignite, Graphite Regular Shaft60 Degree: Nike SV Tour Satin BlackPutter: Newport Studio Select 2 Mid-Slant 33"Trying to figure out what 14th club to add...

While my game has been a little shakey for the past two weeks, I had two pars on hole that have been my nemesises on my home course. On the first hole, my drive bled to the right, leaving me with a long second shot over trees. I nailed that shot, which left a short pitch for an up and down: par. Yeah!

My second shot of the day was my drive on number three, a par 3 220 yard brute, the green is long and narrow. In my entire career, I have hit this green only once or twice, landing the ball short of the green and rolling it up. Yesterday, I had the ball flying just left of the pin, it hit near the pin and rolled almost twenty feet past. I carefully lined up my putt. It rolled to within one inch of the cup. Genuine tap in par. Yeah!

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I had an extremely tough weekend. Of my (approximately) 530 strokes (not exaggerating...and that might be low)....the best one would have to be from a green side bunker on a par 3 at Lakeview CC. Put it to within about 2 inches.

The second best would be when I sent my (blind...although I was made aware) second shot into the green long and left. Got up to the green to see that on the other side was about a 30 foot (or so it seemed) drop off. Hit my shot....trudged my way up the hill to see my ball about 12 ft. from the pin. 2 putt for an unlikely bogey (unlikely for me).

The rest of my play was pretty pathetic at best.

My best shot over the weekend was at this club that I've never played at before (Prestwick Golf Club in Minnesota). I was playing as a single that day, and caught up to an old couple golfing. A 500 yard par 5 with water protecting the front of the green. I hit a drive about 270 down the fairway, with a good look at the green. I would normally lay up to this 230 yard shot, but figured I'll go up the right side of the fairway and hope for the ball to draw back left onto the green. If it doesn't draw, I'll still be dry. Unfortunately, I didn't anticipate the wind up ahead on the green very well and only realized this after I hit a flush 5 wood. It had a slight draw tail at the very end heading for the pin. A real beauty. Except… it was 5 yards short due to the wind… :( Needless to say, it was a downer that I hit such a pretty shot only to be penalized by water. Anyways, I dropped the ball about 100 yards out, where the other side of the water was, and hit my Vokey 56 to one foot (best shot). Tapped in for par, and the old couple was VERY impressed. Her exact words were, "if I had more money, I would give you sponsorship". Definitely made up for the stiff wind… :)

Driver:  R11S 10.5°, Fairway Woods:  909 F2 15.5°, Hybrid:  G10 21°

Irons:  Tour Preferred MC 4-P, Wedges:  Vokey SM 52.08, 56.10, 60.04

Putter:  Tei3 Newport II / Circa 62 #3, Ball:  Pro V1X / NXT Tour

Almost "jarred" one last night!

310 yd par 4, up hill. Hit my 3 wood a little right and had about 90 yds to pin behind a tree. Small hole in the tree but still needed to put it slightly right of the pin. Hit a partial wedge....slight bit of draw (I guess) and WHAM! The other guys said: "Holy sh*t! It went in on the fly and came back out!"
Sure enough, I went up to the green and the ball mark was on the outside edge of the hole (putting half a crater in the edge). Would have been my second eagle on that hole (my first ever eagle came on that hole....from the same side.....blind shot....didn't see that one either. lol)

Rest of the round sucked.

11th hole at Sharp Park, Ca, slight dogleg left, I hooked my drive on the left edge of the fairway with trees in front of me, I had to hit a low hook with my hybrid club from about 180 yards from the green. I play the ball out to the right and it hook onto the green and made a 20 foot right to left swinging putt for birdie on the 2nd hardest hole on the course.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Shot of the week for me came on Sunday. Hole #3. Its a short par 3 (120 odd yards) PW(yes, there was a slight tailwind), caught it a little heavy and came up short of the bunker. The back edge of this bunker is fully ten feet below the front edge, so I can't see the green. Lob wedge and I caught it just perfectly, flew on to the green five feet short and rolled straight at the hole, only to be deflected off the flag pole to about two feet. I made the par putt.

Incidentally, had the shot dropped, that would have been the second time in three months that I'd chipped in, with my lob wedge, on that hole, for birdie.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Came today. Hit my drive left and into some trees, had to hit it low, but with bunkers either side at the front of the green, it was a narrow entrance, and punched it out about 120 with a 8 iron, rolled up and ended up 5 feet off, and I knocked it in for birdie. Considering I never usually get birdie on that hole when I hit my drive into the fairway, I was very happy with that. =)

Now I just need some consistency!

Played yesterday more consistently than the previous two rounds. I scrambled for par several times. My best shot(s) of the week had to be the shots I made with my putter. I saved par with my putter on 6 holes.

The most exciting putt (and official best shot of the week), however, was on the par 4 14th hole. I hit a great drive, my second shot was unusually accurate, so I was on the green in regulation, about 8 or 9 feet from the cup: drained the putt for a rare birdie!

13 putts on the back nine, 16 on the front. Best shots of the week: putting . Putting = Scoring.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

280yrd par 4. Aimed at the wrong flag (duh!) and blasted it perfectly onto the fairway of the next hole. Had about 40yrds to go with some 60ft trees between me and the green. With players waiting on the next tee, I bravely went out there, opened up my SW clubface and feet and cleanly plopped it right on the back of the green. I was rather chuffed with myself!

Other than that it was probably the downhill 160yrd par 3 where I put a 9 iron to about three feet and made the putt.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

LONGEST DRIVE EVER!!! (for me)

Well, the stars aligned yesterday and I hit a ridiculously long drive. It was on the 10th hole at my home course, my first hole of the day. The 10th is about a 480 yard par 5...staight out from the tee box and then the last 130 yards or so doglegs slightly to the left. The hole has a slightly elevated tee box and the fairway is fairly flat. We had a fairly strong wind here yesterday, but it was steady...not gusting.

So, after a bit of stretching and waiting for the group ahead to get clear of the usual landing area, I get ready to take my shot. I told myself I need to swing nice and smooth, as sometimes I have the tendancy to try a little hard when I'm with the wind. Hit the ball and it is absolutely beautiful...probably one of my best drives (nevermind the end result)...dead straight right up the middle with what looks like the perfect trajectory. It seems to really be carrying a long ways and finally touches down well out in the fairway. However, it's not done yet, it proceeds to roll out very nicely...partially due to the dryer ground we have here now as fall approaches.

I didn't truely realize how far I went until I got partway up the fairway and finally spotted the ball. It had to be almost 50 yards further then I have ever hit on the hole before. I realized then that I must have rolled past the group that was hitting their 3rd shots into the green (they were off to the sides of the fairway so I was no where near them with my shot). After the long journey I found my ball sitting in the middle of the fairway about 5-10 yards outside the 100 yard marker.

I have no idea what the true yarage is but if you go by the course yardages it has to be in the 350+ neighborhood. When I get a chance I'm going to borrow a GPS and see exactly how far it went.

I would say unless I'm playing some downhill hole one day and catch a cartpath bounce, I may never hit that far again. The conditions were just about perfect, and then to top it off I actually made solid contact :P.

THE END

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

I had a hole in one double eagle today on a 279 yard par 4. It was the last hole of the day im like 6 over the wind is gusting in our face about 15 mph. So right away I am thinking I cant get there today there was a group on the green. So I hit my driver and right when I hit it I said thats on the green because I just nutted it. So I yell fore on the green. The group is a couple of my friends in our blitz group they are standing around the flag and we see the ball land on the front and start heading at the flag about 20 feet away in the middle. It goes right in between the group and they start cheering and such. Right away my reaction is to jump and scream and high five my group. Then the guys in front come back after they finish and they give me my ball back and say that was a great shot, it went in like a putt in the center. It was my first hole in one and the best shot of my life so far.

In My Bag:

Driver - Tour Burner TP w/ Diamana Whiteboard 65g Stiff
3 Wood - Sumo 2 13* Stiff
5 Wood - HiBore 19* Gold StiffIrons - Tour Burner Irons 4-Aw StiffWedge - CG12 56, X-Forged 64Putters - Seemore FGP

my third shot on the par 5 ninth hole. i flubbed my second shot and had 170 to the pin, water on the left. hit a 6 iron, with a slight draw. it lipped out and ended up 5 feet away. yes, i made the putt

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Par 4, second shot (drive a little offline) - 138 yards out, pitching wedge to 2 feet (made the birdie putt).

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Par 4 with a double green. The lower green, with water in front, was in the one in play. I pulled my second shot into greenside bunker of the other green. I was faced with about a 15 yard bunker shot, green sloping away and water facing me if I went long. I hit a perfect bunker shot the ball ended up about one roll short of a hole out. The par felt more satisfying then the birdie the whole prior (par 5).

G10
SteelHead III
I3
Vockey
588 BC-2

During leave in July of this year.

Par 3, 183 yds from an elevated tee. 8I, ball hit and went another foot or so before stopping 4 ft from the pin. Nice birdie putt!

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys