or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Dorky Ryder Cup uniforms
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dorky Ryder Cup uniforms

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 

Have been watching old Ryder matches on TV. Would say olden days had more personal flavor in what the players wore. Lately the guys (yea, only men) look like total sartorial dorks. Actually some of the recent  uniforms belong on circus monkeys not grown men earning a living. Yea, i also know that there is no Ryder purse money. They still look like monkeys dancing for the Cap'n.     What will we see at Medinah?  

post #2 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekelly View Post

Have been watching old Ryder matches on TV. Would say olden days had more personal flavor in what the players wore. Lately the guys (yea, only men) look like total sartorial dorks. Actually some of the recent  uniforms belong on circus monkeys not grown men earning a living. Yea, i also know that there is no Ryder purse money. They still look like monkeys dancing for the Cap'n.     What will we see at Medinah?  

I'd say normally women are the ones to watch sports and focus entirely on the fashion...  a2_wink.gif

 

Also if I got paid millions of dollars by a clothing sponsor to walk around in nothing but a top hat, I'd probably not question it. Hell, I'd probably do it for a lot less if I got to play golf.

post #3 of 26

has there ever been anything worse?

post #4 of 26

They won wearing those shirts. Bring 'em back!

post #5 of 26

Better an ugly shirt than rain gear that isn't water proof...

post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by laconic517 View Post

has there ever been anything worse?

 

I was watching someone on that Team say that this shirt was "lost" soon after the victory. It's kind of like the sun, you know you shouldn't look, but you can't help it. Oh, my eyes are burning. 

post #7 of 26

They should stick with Red, White and Blue. It's REALLY hard to screw up that combination.

post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxGolfer1 View Post

They should stick with Red, White and Blue. It's REALLY hard to screw up that combination.

 

 

PatrioticSpectators_zab10304.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

post #9 of 26

 

 

A shirt like this would let the Euro's know exactly who they are dealing with. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2XKMDXZHQ26YX/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B002HJ377A&nodeID=1036592&store=apparel

post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker View Post

 

 

 

A shirt like this would let the Euro's know exactly who they are dealing with. 

 

 

 

Needs a collar.

post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker View Post




A shirt like this would let the Euro's know exactly who they are dealing with. 

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2XKMDXZHQ26YX/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B002HJ377A&nodeID=1036592&store=apparel

Alan from The Hangover?
post #12 of 26

Yeah, they need to hire a fashion expert but not that guy on GC. Errr, he'd have them all in pink and bows. Yeah, I think tasteful red, white, and blue is the only way to go.

post #13 of 26

Here is an idea for retro outfits from pre 79 (before the Euros players joined the UK team). 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD43kI8c7XQ3VSSE9i5uVSyZKYCV3JEXhl3sctz1SXzOXJq_INMg

post #14 of 26

Another no....

 

IMG_0024-Edit.jpg

post #15 of 26

Most certainly the ugliest shirts ever....such a shame that they wore those things during that great performance....you dont think maybe...naah...I'm not superstitious or anything but hey maybe we should just keep a box of them in the USA clubhouse....just in case- behind one of those "Break Glass" emergency call boxes...."I got a good feeling about this"    : )

post #16 of 26

They could wear these and then everyone would have to guess who-was-who based on their swing, putting style, etc.
 

post #17 of 26

I don't know what they'll be wearing on the other days, but this would be awesome:

 

"It also seems likely that Olazabal's team will pay tribute to the late Seve Ballesteros by dressing in his trademark navy jumper and trousers and white polo shirt for Sunday's singles matches."

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/19708927

 

Hopefully one of the Euros wearing this will get the chance to emulate the best Seve celebration:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpchlvAHp-4&feature=related

post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by malincanada View Post

Hopefully one of the Euros wearing this will get the chance to emulate the best Seve celebration:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpchlvAHp-4&feature=related

 

 

dorkiest fist pump evarrr....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Dorky Ryder Cup uniforms