Okay guys; the group has been created. Here are the instructions for registering:
1. Go to http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ and you need to create your own user name; click on Sign Up Now button. You will have to set up a Yahoo ID too if you don't already have one.
2. Once you have your own user name set up, click on the link for Join a Group, and then Select Join a Private Group.
3. You will then be asked to enter the group ID and Password: Group ID is 5372, and the password is sandtrap (all lower case, one word).
4. You will then be part of the group; it is called The Sand Trap.
Some things to note:
-picks must be in by deadline, and when you set your account up, you can choose to get email reminders one or two days in advance. From past years, it is a good idea to always check your picks the night before to make sure they haven't WD from the tourney.
-for each week, you must pick 1 A player, 2 B players, and one C, along with the same # for the bench. You can use a player a maximum 10 times through the season. If you sub someone in from the bench, it counts as using them, along with the player you have subbed out.
-if you are inactive for 3 consecutive weeks, you will be dropped from the group. I do this because some guys quit making picks if they are doing poorly etc...if you are inactive for a good reason, then email me and I will not drop you. My name in the group is Go Golfing.
-I have set the pool up with the Mulligan Option. This means that your lowest week for each segment is dropped at the end of the segment. This allows for the mulligan if you have a terrible week, or if something comes up and you forget to make picks one week, it won't kill your pool.
- There are a total of 3 segments: Winter, Spring and Summer, and then an overall season race. Yahoo gives out gifts for winning weeks, segments and seasons.
Have fun and enjoy fantasy golf. Trash talk is encouraged in the Forum!!!