or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Rules of Golf › Adjusting clubs midround
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Adjusting clubs midround

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I've done a few searches, couldn't find if there was a thread on here.

Are you allowed to change lofts/weights (specifically on the driver) during the round? I would imagine you can't.. it's like having several different drivers but that doesn't mean it's against the rules.
post #2 of 11
Nope. You can adjust prior to the round to suit the course but once in round no changes allowed. As you suspected, it would be the equivalent of carrying an extra couple of clubs.
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by onephenom View Post

I've done a few searches, couldn't find if there was a thread on here.

Are you allowed to change lofts/weights (specifically on the driver) during the round? I would imagine you can't.. it's like having several different drivers but that doesn't mean it's against the rules.

 

No. You cannot.

post #4 of 11

4-2. Playing Characteristics Changed And Foreign Material

a. Playing Characteristics Changed

During a stipulated round, the playing characteristics of a club must not be purposely changed by adjustment or by any other means.

post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulesman View Post

4-2
. Playing Characteristics Changed And Foreign Material



a
. Playing Characteristics Changed



During a stipulated round

, the playing characteristics of a club must not be purposely changed by adjustment or by any other means.



Okay, that's what I was looking for, the rule that makes it against the rules.

Thanks all
post #6 of 11

Am I correct in assuming that under the principles of Decision 4-3/12 it would be permissible to adjust an adjustable club in between the end of a regulation round and the start of a playoff?

 

Also, under the principles of Decision 4-4a/2 it would be permissible to make an adjustment halfway through a 36 hole match?
 

post #7 of 11

You are correct on both counts

post #8 of 11
I'm pretty new to golf kinda I have just went out and hit . How do u adjust ur club weight .
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudpappax2 View Post

I'm pretty new to golf kinda I have just went out and hit . How do u adjust ur club weight .

if you do not know how to, you probably cant

post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudpappax2 View Post

I'm pretty new to golf kinda I have just went out and hit . How do u adjust ur club weight .

You waste money buying a gimmicky driver with adjustable weights and loft ... the latter which is totally ridiculous because you can open or close your face at will.

post #11 of 11
I have a Taylormade 580 I just got . And some cheap irons I bought 9 or 10 years ago
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rules of Golf
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Rules of Golf › Adjusting clubs midround