I need some help and tips and steps. This summer I am looking into getting a new iron set. It will be the first set I have ever bought because the one I have now was given to me and isn't a very great or new set. I need help with the steps to take on picking new irons and trying new irons.
Things to consider
1) Graduating college in May so not the highest salary at the moment
2) I play golf regularly and the clubs will get a lot of use
3) I want them to last a long time, a good investment
4) Im an average player
5) I have TaylorMade Burner HT woods that I use and love (Dont know if that is a worthy thing to consider)
6) I take care of my equipment
If you could help out that would be great!
Like I said, I need to know what to look for, how to go about trying clubs and maybe some suggestions.