or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › How Important is a Square Clubface at P4 and How do you go about accomplishing it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How Important is a Square Clubface at P4 and How do you go about accomplishing it?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

I see many different tour players and they all nail P4 with a clubface that matches their left arm (righty). How does one accomplish this if your wrist isnt bowed but the club face is still shut? 

post #2 of 10

I have never paid any attention to which way my clubface is pointing at any position in the swing, except obviously, A1 and A7. :)

 

I pay attention to what my hands are doing, so as long as the club is not slipping, then the clubface will take care of itself.

post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd924 View Post

I see many different tour players and they all nail P4 with a clubface that matches their left arm (righty). How does one accomplish this if your wrist isnt bowed but the club face is still shut? 

 

Most of the time it's a grip issue, just too strong.  Might be one or both of these pieces.  Have the right hand trigger finger on the side of the shaft and don't have the left hand turned more than 35-40 degrees.  Good way to check is to just stick your left hand out like you're shaking someone's hand, lefty.  You know what 45 degrees looks like, so turn the left hand less than that and grip the club from there.

 

Trigger finger/pressure point #3 on the aft side of the grip.

 

post #4 of 10

eh it's over rated my clubface is square at p4 and I still suck...
 

post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks for clearing this up for me guys.
post #6 of 10

WTF is P4?

 

I must have missed that one somewhere along the road...

post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Duffer View Post

WTF is P4?
I must have missed that one somewhere along the road...
there is a glossary of terms somewhere on here that explains them. Basically it's an easy way for us to talk about specific positions in the swing without spelling it all out. P4 (now a4) is the top of the backswing :)
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

there is a glossary of terms somewhere on here that explains them. Basically it's an easy way for us to talk about specific positions in the swing without spelling it all out. P4 (now a4) is the top of the backswing :)

http://thesandtrap.com/a/big-list-of-golf-terminology
post #9 of 10
Quote:

 

Yep also featured on the right side of the page a2_wink.gif

 

 

post #10 of 10
Quote:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post


there is a glossary of terms somewhere on here that explains them. Basically it's an easy way for us to talk about specific positions in the swing without spelling it all out. P4 (now a4) is the top of the backswing.

 

Ahhh... that's a good idea. Thank you!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › How Important is a Square Clubface at P4 and How do you go about accomplishing it?