IGNORED

Bethpage State Park April Schedule

Note: This thread is 1835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For those who play there or wondering how LI golfers are affected by PGA Championship. Part of the back 9 of Yellow is closed off it seems. Dunno why, it's not that geographically close to Black. Maybe some space needed for support.

D2sT90oWwAAQIbW.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah I don't know why they would close off the yellow. But there usually has been play on the black up until a couple weeks or so before a pro tournament. Its just kinda construction-y. I played there not long before they had that PGA playoff tournament there a few years ago. I remember it not being in very good shape, either. 

I once read that it's really not that hard to get on the Black. Everyone around there knows it's tough, more than they can handle, and they avoid it to go play one of the other courses there. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I once read that it's really not that hard to get on the Black. Everyone around there knows it's tough, more than they can handle, and they avoid it to go play one of the other courses there. 

You read wrong. People aren't sleeping in their cars to play the other courses. It's not impossible to get on the Black, but it's not easy or medium.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

So according to this reddit post - the quote sounds like something the phone reservation line recording would say, that's just my guess, I couldn't find this text on the parks website - May 25th Black opens back up. Pretty quick turnaround.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I was going to try to sneak in there as a single on Saturday, but the weather is not looking too good. 👎  I still might play the red or something if its not too bad. 

I remember the course was in bad shape before they had the barclays there a couple years ago. Especially the second hole. (But when is the second hole not a mess?)  But they brought it back. Im guessing they'll do it again. But that was in late summer when im assuming its easy to do. I dont know what they do to get it up to snuff in weather. 

On 4/1/2019 at 9:58 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

Its not. If you go there as a single or a even twosome you can walk on most times. Especially tuesday-thursday. You might have to wait a few hours if you go on a weekend or something.  Getting a tee time is hard for peak times, though. Ive been plating there for 20 years and have only had a tee time a handful of times. Most of the time i just walk on. When i want to make a tee time with friends or players i know, i usually do one of the other courses there. The Red and Blue courses are just as good. If not a little better. 

Note: This thread is 1835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!