IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very cool, and thanks. Please note that an update (1.2.5) is available for Windows, too, and 1.2.5 for the Mac will ship soon. Oh, and we'll never ship incompatible versions, even if the version numbers themselves vary from time to time.

How do we get the update?

I didn't see a link on the website or anything, but I am probably missing something. and like the other poster I also wanted to know if there was a way to track two peoples stats?
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To get the update just go back to cynical peak website and click the download button again. It will download the zip file again and reinstall. I have already do that and it keeps everything for you (assuming you have paid for the program).

• Administrator
How do we get the update?

As said, just download the update. I don't like to say "always," but that's how all our software updates will probably work. If you see a new version of our software, download it. So long as it's 1.x (and not 2.0 or 2.1 or 2.0.4) it will be a free update and compatible with whatever version is available on the other operating system.

And like the other poster I also wanted to know if there was a way to track two peoples stats?

Simply launch the software under a different user. I'm not entirely familiar with how far multiple users goes back in Windows, but I know that XP and 2000 supported it just fine. Log in as the other user, launch Scorecard, and use. Preferences, data files, and licenses are kept separately.

And technically, two users requires two licenses. One user can use the software on as many computers as they want, but two users means two licenses. I'll update this after confirming with the developer, but I'm fairly certain that's how it works.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Simply launch the software under a different user. I'm not entirely familiar with how far multiple users goes back in Windows, but I know that XP and 2000 supported it just fine. Log in as the other user, launch Scorecard, and use. Preferences, data files, and licenses are kept separately. And technically, two users requires two licenses. One user can use the software on as many computers as they want, but two users means two licenses.

Surely that is not how that will work. I would think that most home computers only have one user, unless you have multiple children in the home. Setting up another user just to be able to keep up with another golfers stats is a bit much I would think. Am I right that the Mac version allows for multiple players. If needed I can confirm with a friend who has an older version on the Mac.

Please keep us posted.

• Administrator
Surely that is not how that will work. I would think that most home computers only have one user, unless you have multiple children in the home.

That is how it's supposed to work, yes. Computers have been set up for multiple users for about a decade now. My wife and I have separate logins, which maintain separate preferences, separate bookmarks for our browsers, separate email, separate cookies... separate everything.

That's kind of the point of having multiple users. If you don't have multiple users set up on your computer for multiple users (you, your wife, your kids), then you're a decade or so behind the times.
Setting up another user just to be able to keep up with another golfers stats is a bit much I would think.

That's why you don't set up multiple users JUST to be able to keep different stats. You set them up to keep everything else (like the stuff I mentioned above) separate as well.

Am I right that the Mac version allows for multiple players. If needed I can confirm with a friend who has an older version on the Mac.

There's really no "older version" and the Mac version sets up the same way - with multiple users. Mac OS X supports multiple users and has since its release in 2000.

It's unlikely we're going to add support for "multiple users" within one login because that's not how operating systems with multiple logins are supposed to work. We'd be re-inventing the wheel - multi-user support is built into the OS.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just a wonderful product. I was having issues with my Windows installation and the tech support was superb.

Everything is working fine now and I'm very happy with my $30 purchase.

(However, I'm still waiting on the magic juice that will automatically make me a scratch golfer. I think I might've gotten screwed on that one.)
In the bag:
Driver: `09 Launcher (10.5º) w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff
3 Wood: `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff shaft
3 Hybrid (20.5º): `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff Shaft
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

Hi, cheers again for the app, though i need to start noting down if i hit a fairway or not etc. Could you please keep us noted about any future scorecard apps for phones, currently on my nokia I have wireless18 which is a fantastic scorecard app, though you have to pay to keep your scores online for more than a certain amount of time, and it would be wonderful to add each score to the windows scorecard app after I play.

Great software, I have only put 3 rounds in so far, but I noticed an alarming trend that I haven't really been keeping track of, my horrible putting! In the last three rounds I have had 5 3 putts and have an average of 33 putts per round ! I am no great player, but feel I should be under 30 putts per round. Not a particularly sophisticated stat, but very meaningful and lets me know what I will be working on the next few practice sessions.

Classic 290 10.5 Miyazaki C. Kua 43 R

AMP 15 Aldila RIP F

Baffler Rail H 17 & 22 Fujikura Motore S

S2 Forged 5-GW Nippon NS Pro 900xh R

SM 54 & 58 Vokey Nippon 105T W

Studio Style Newport 1.5

• Administrator
Great software, I have only put 3 rounds in so far, but I noticed an alarming trend that I haven't really been keeping track of, my horrible putting! In the last three rounds I have had 5 3 putts and have an average of 33 putts per round

Good to hear! Another success story, of sorts - you now know how you can easily lower your scores.

Being a software developer myself, I have been tempted a few times to create my own golf stat tracker similar to what scorecard does. I'm glad I found this product before trying to create my own. Scorecard is a great piece of software, and has really opened my eyes to what parts of golf are currently lacking, and causing my recent bad form. I can see this really helping my game in the long run as I know where I can focus my practice.
In My Bag:
Driver: 905R 9.5°, UST ProForce v2 Stiff
3 Wood: 906F2, 15°, UST ProForce V2 Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP, 19°, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 735CM, 3-PW, DG S300Gap Wedge: CG12 52Sand Wedge: CG12 56Lob Wedge: Spin-Milled Vokey Oil Can 60.04Putter: 35"/330g Newport 2

Back in the middle of February I took a long weekend and went down to Florida to get a few rounds in. I had already decided to track my shots this year. Fairways, putts, club distance, putt distance, penalty strokes, and just about everything else. So I kept a little pocket notebook with me so when I got back I could enter all this into my spreadsheet. I must have spent 3 hours tweeking that thing and it was just such a pain the way I had it set up. So I did a little searching on the internet for a cheap user-friendly program I could track all this stuff with.

Well, I couldn't find anything. But a couple days later I was looking up rangefinder reviews and I came across an iacas post with this thread linked in his signature. That led me to the Scorecard site and I bought it right then. Used sandtrap and the other code they give you for filling out the survey and it came to $21.55.

I've only got 3 rounds entered right now but I can already tell it's killer. I've told my dad and uncle about it and am pretty sure they're gonna purchase it once the season picks back up.

Nice software. I purchased it but only had 1 round saved from a few months ago.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

I have the software but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'll try and log in a round at Augusta next week though I don't think simulators count as real rounds , though

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

ok, i have a question or two here. my golf group, eight of us now, kept our scores/stats on a free online version. it was great because we created a group name, and any of us could just go in and see all our handicaps etc all on one page.great for the rivalry,seeing your name on top,lol. also, as i usually keep the scores, i would enter all our stats into everybody's individual account, as i knew all the nicks and passwords.so basically, everybody had their own account, but the group function made it so much more fun.

now, this free service is ending soon, so this(Scorecard) would'nt do the trick for us, would it? it's just for single users? i dunno,fill me in please.

My Blog

• Administrator
now, this free service is ending soon, so this(Scorecard) would'nt do the trick for us, would it? it's just for single users? i dunno,fill me in please.

Scorecard is a single-user application, yes. Its purpose is to help YOU understand and improve your golf game, not keep track of scores for eight people.

Excel for the win... haha. This looks nice though.

If you want to put up with Excel and the amount of work necessary to even begin tracking the kinds of stats we can track 10x more easily, be my guest. You'll have spent a lot more than $29 of your time setting up Excel, and the results still won't be as easy to get or as nice to look at.

Note: This thread is 1988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!