Hebe Holland

India vs Pakistan

7 posts / 1697 viewsLast Reply

As we know that the big event of 2019 is going to be started in the end of may is ICC World Cup 2019, in which 48 matches will be played & all most all the countries will be the part of it. The most important match of the world cup is India vs Pakistan & its due to the aggression & heat between both countries. 

India vs Pakistan will be played at 16th of June 2019 at Old trafford Stadium in Manchester, England at 01:30 UAE time.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

So ... cricket?

Still no automatic for the average Yank.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The history between the two countries, in sport and otherwise, is the reason I never say  "Excuse me...are you Indian or Pakistani?"  It is much better to express interest in their country of origin and ask them to teach you how to say "Thank you" in their native tongue.

P.S.  If they speak Urdu...it's Shu-kree-ah...thereabouts.

All I hear "crickets".    Not even a blip on the radar in the US.    Sorry but it's not very popular, at least compared to other sports.   

Cricket is only big in Britain and former British colonies.  Nobody else has really taken to or understood the game.  Yes, the India-Pakistan match is big, and in the current political climate, it will be a war/prestige thing in all but name.

For me India will probably win it, just because they have been the better team off late, and are one of the favourites to win the World Cup itself.

There is a huge cricket grounds going up just northwest of Houston. 86 acres, 10 to 12 fields supposedly. Hard to believe there is that much demand, even in a city with such a diverse population.

On 5/8/2019 at 8:54 AM, commishbob said:

There is a huge cricket grounds going up just northwest of Houston. 86 acres, 10 to 12 fields supposedly. Hard to believe there is that much demand, even in a city with such a diverse population.

Interesting.  I wonder if it will genuinely be profitable without attracting some level of international matches there to help subsidise the cost.  Otherwise, it will most likely be a vanity project for somebody who has made money and can afford to build/invest in this.

Looking forward the world cup