Jump to content
cooke119

Right Shoulder Pain

25 posts / 4747 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I had pain in the shoulder. I tried ibuprofen, naproxen, stretching etc. It didn't get better. I started getting limited motion. I went to an orthopedist. Turned out I had bone spurs. She gave me a shot of cortisone in the joints of both shoulders. Told me to take a couple weeks off and did PT for a month. Once that was done I was good. I was lucky. See a doctor. Get checked. Shoulders are nothing to mess around with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I have been experiencing a lot of right shoulder pain lately. I believe it was caused by lifting weights, bench press specifically. I am on blood thinners so I can't take any NSAIDs (regularly) for pain and Tylenol does nothing for me.  I don't play a lot and once I am warmed up I usually don't notice my shoulder while playing.  But last night it bothered me for all 9 holes and still hurt this morning so I took a few ibuprofen to ease the pain a bit.  I have a primary care doc appointment Monday and will talk to him about and possibly see an ortho if necessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/6/2019 at 11:32 AM, The Flush said:

I have been experiencing a lot of right shoulder pain lately. I believe it was caused by lifting weights, bench press specifically. I am on blood thinners so I can't take any NSAIDs (regularly) for pain and Tylenol does nothing for me.  I don't play a lot and once I am warmed up I usually don't notice my shoulder while playing.  But last night it bothered me for all 9 holes and still hurt this morning so I took a few ibuprofen to ease the pain a bit.  I have a primary care doc appointment Monday and will talk to him about and possibly see an ortho if necessary. 

How did that turn out, did you need to see ortho doc?

Mine is better, not as much pain but has slowly turned into a dull ache. Still using ice and heat off and on, trying to limit use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn't discuss it much.  It is up to me to see the ortho.  If it still hurts at the end of the summer, I will schedule an appointment.  I am past my out of pocket max for the year, so I need to get it check sooner rather than later. It feels like it might be hurting less now, but it is far from pain free.  I am hoping that the pain will continue to decrease.

I have a torn meniscus in my right knee and the pain was significant through the first 6 months. I scheduled surgery but needed to wait a few months due to other stuff going on.  The ortho surgeon required that I get a pre-surgery physical from my PC doc and my PC doc made me question if I really needed it. A week before the scheduled date I decided it wasn't hurting much anymore and canceled it. During a beach vacation it started hurting again and I swore I would have the surgery when I got back, but after a week the pain was mostly gone again.  2 years later I am still mostly pain free although it does flare up once in a while, sometimes after golf, but it goes away after a few days of rest. I am hoping for similar results for my shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/19/2019 at 5:32 PM, cooke119 said:

Mine is better, not as much pain but has slowly turned into a dull ache. Still using ice and heat off and on, trying to limit use.

I'm glad to hear you feel better, but did you ever go to your doctor?

I had bone spurs in my right shoulder and had arthroscopic surgery to remove them. It took me a long time to heal, but I'm back to playing golf.

Unfortunately, I know I have them in my left shoulder too, but they aren't so bad that Tylenol doesn't help up to now.

I wouldn't waste any time wondering what it is. At the risk of sounding like your mother, I'd see your doctor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, DennisMiller said:

I'm glad to hear you feel better, but did you ever go to your doctor?

I had bone spurs in my right shoulder and had arthroscopic surgery to remove them. It took me a long time to heal, but I'm back to playing golf.

Unfortunately, I know I have them in my left shoulder too, but they aren't so bad that Tylenol doesn't help up to now.

I wouldn't waste any time wondering what it is. At the risk of sounding like your mother, I'd see your doctor...

Shoulder is much better, no ache anymore. I think I was over doing it in Yoga, I slacked off for a while and the pain is gone. I don't know why Yoga made it hurt so bad but some of the positions really put strain on the shoulder joints, e.g., downward facing dog, from which a lot of other position are done from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar problem and tried everything.  I was hesitant but ended up using and am still using some CBD and it helped a ton for my shoulder and all my other aches and pains.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...