IGNORED

Right Shoulder Pain

cooke119
Note: This thread is 1502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had pain in the shoulder. I tried ibuprofen, naproxen, stretching etc. It didn't get better. I started getting limited motion. I went to an orthopedist. Turned out I had bone spurs. She gave me a shot of cortisone in the joints of both shoulders. Told me to take a couple weeks off and did PT for a month. Once that was done I was good. I was lucky. See a doctor. Get checked. Shoulders are nothing to mess around with.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

I have been experiencing a lot of right shoulder pain lately. I believe it was caused by lifting weights, bench press specifically. I am on blood thinners so I can't take any NSAIDs (regularly) for pain and Tylenol does nothing for me.  I don't play a lot and once I am warmed up I usually don't notice my shoulder while playing.  But last night it bothered me for all 9 holes and still hurt this morning so I took a few ibuprofen to ease the pain a bit.  I have a primary care doc appointment Monday and will talk to him about and possibly see an ortho if necessary. 

War Eagle!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 11:32 AM, The Flush said:

I have been experiencing a lot of right shoulder pain lately. I believe it was caused by lifting weights, bench press specifically. I am on blood thinners so I can't take any NSAIDs (regularly) for pain and Tylenol does nothing for me.  I don't play a lot and once I am warmed up I usually don't notice my shoulder while playing.  But last night it bothered me for all 9 holes and still hurt this morning so I took a few ibuprofen to ease the pain a bit.  I have a primary care doc appointment Monday and will talk to him about and possibly see an ortho if necessary. 

How did that turn out, did you need to see ortho doc?

Mine is better, not as much pain but has slowly turned into a dull ache. Still using ice and heat off and on, trying to limit use.

We didn't discuss it much.  It is up to me to see the ortho.  If it still hurts at the end of the summer, I will schedule an appointment.  I am past my out of pocket max for the year, so I need to get it check sooner rather than later. It feels like it might be hurting less now, but it is far from pain free.  I am hoping that the pain will continue to decrease.

I have a torn meniscus in my right knee and the pain was significant through the first 6 months. I scheduled surgery but needed to wait a few months due to other stuff going on.  The ortho surgeon required that I get a pre-surgery physical from my PC doc and my PC doc made me question if I really needed it. A week before the scheduled date I decided it wasn't hurting much anymore and canceled it. During a beach vacation it started hurting again and I swore I would have the surgery when I got back, but after a week the pain was mostly gone again.  2 years later I am still mostly pain free although it does flare up once in a while, sometimes after golf, but it goes away after a few days of rest. I am hoping for similar results for my shoulder.

War Eagle!

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2019 at 5:32 PM, cooke119 said:

Mine is better, not as much pain but has slowly turned into a dull ache. Still using ice and heat off and on, trying to limit use.

I'm glad to hear you feel better, but did you ever go to your doctor?

I had bone spurs in my right shoulder and had arthroscopic surgery to remove them. It took me a long time to heal, but I'm back to playing golf.

Unfortunately, I know I have them in my left shoulder too, but they aren't so bad that Tylenol doesn't help up to now.

I wouldn't waste any time wondering what it is. At the risk of sounding like your mother, I'd see your doctor...

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

21 hours ago, DennisMiller said:

I'm glad to hear you feel better, but did you ever go to your doctor?

I had bone spurs in my right shoulder and had arthroscopic surgery to remove them. It took me a long time to heal, but I'm back to playing golf.

Unfortunately, I know I have them in my left shoulder too, but they aren't so bad that Tylenol doesn't help up to now.

I wouldn't waste any time wondering what it is. At the risk of sounding like your mother, I'd see your doctor...

Shoulder is much better, no ache anymore. I think I was over doing it in Yoga, I slacked off for a while and the pain is gone. I don't know why Yoga made it hurt so bad but some of the positions really put strain on the shoulder joints, e.g., downward facing dog, from which a lot of other position are done from.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Here is a good routine for warming up the shoulders before golf or going to the gym. I personally do this every morning while my oatmeal is cooking. In the past I usually had some trail shoulder discomfort after playing golf - no longer. And at 74 years old I can play 54 holes of golf (Summer Solstice challenge) with no shoulder discomfort. 

rusin.jpg

Here's What You Need To Know... 1. Fixing shoulder posture isn't as complicated as you think it is. Using only a band and your own body, these staple exercises have the ability to create neutral shoulder and upper back...

• 1 month later...

Get someone to check out whats happeneing with your shoulder blades. i.e. have a look from behind and see if they are doing the same thing. A lot of shoulder issues can come from poor shoulder blade function. Some of your rotator cuff muscles come of the shoulder blade and this can cuase impingement syndrome.

If yes, then a bit of body work with a good chirpractor (Gonstead practitioner) or osteopath could correct it very quickly. Using a foam to roller stretch the anterior longtitudinal ligament of the spine can also yield surprising results (see how to fix any shoulder problem, on Smashwerx youtube channel.) Good luck.

As I had posted above, the shoulder pain lessened when I limited my yoga practice. I actually stopped going to yoga because of it. Felt great for a while but then I started noticing that I had pain in the right shoulder again when I slept, (I sleep on my side) and when I got up in the morning, now it is back again big time. Doesn't impact my golf swing but it hurts like hell even putting on a jacket. My wife has the same problem, she is going to PT for it. It must be something about turning 68 years old. I guess I have to go to the doctor but I hate to with this virus thing going around.

Maybe I'll try the exercises my wife does from her PT therapy and see if that helps first.

Sucks getting old!

Note: This thread is 1502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!