KrisF

Newbie Questions About TST Topic Posting

7 posts / 1786 viewsLast Reply

As soon as I joined about a day ago I started posting like crazy. Is this normal for a new person to be doing? am I annoying anybody? 

Am I suppose to be posting so many topics a day?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

This isn’t a job. There isn’t any requirement to post. There’s tons of information on this site. You could perhaps do some searching and if you can’t find an answer to a question post it in the subject at hand. Interesting articles you come across off site that you think can generate a discussion, stories, etc. Try to put a little more thought into what you post. Your question about ‘scores are lowering’ was a bit hard to follow. 

I may have missed it but have you given an introduction to your current golf status? How long you’ve been playing, what your struggles are, what do you want to achieve? The mods and administration here are very reasonable and intelligent people. You’re not annoying anyone ...yet.😀

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST.

Post all you want. You are not annoying me. Then again, I am not easily annoyed by things. 

Myself, I like new folks posting stuff. Most of the new posted questions have already been asked a dozen or so times on this site,  but every once in a while something new shows up. 

Post all you want.  The only penalty for bringing up a topic that doesn't generate much interest is bringing up a topic that doesn't generate much interest.  That's true anywhere.

9 hours ago, KrisF said:

As soon as I joined about a day ago I started posting like crazy. Is this normal for a new person to be doing? am I annoying anybody? 

Am I suppose to be posting so many topics a day?

Post all you want. I tend to go to New Content and see what folks are discussing. If I have something new, I will do a search first to see if it was discussed before. We mods will combine threads on two similar subjects if we see them to keep things neater. Also, explore the site, there is lots of content like the thread below and the Swing Thoughts section.

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

This isn’t a job. There isn’t any requirement to post. There’s tons of information on this site. You could perhaps do some searching and if you can’t find an answer to a question post it in the subject at hand. Interesting articles you come across off site that you think can generate a discussion, stories, etc. Try to put a little more thought into what you post. Your question about ‘scores are lowering’ was a bit hard to follow. 

I may have missed it but have you given an introduction to your current golf status? How long you’ve been playing, what your struggles are, what do you want to achieve? The mods and administration here are very reasonable and intelligent people. You’re not annoying anyone ...yet.😀

Well, I like to handle most of my struggles and goals by myself. But sometimes I like to mention it once in awhile just to see what people think and suggest.

Welcome to TST @KrisF

Posting often is a great means of interacting with other members and leads to great discussions on the site.
It is also good to have new ideas from new members to shed light on new topics.

That's what make this forum the best around.