IGNORED

Brooks Koepka Catch-All Discussion

KrisF
Note: This thread is 1338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Many reasons I wanted to start this too many to list.

He really only cares about the Majors, on top of that he just finished up a historical T-2 At Masters, WIN PGA Championship, Second At the US Open and T-4 At The Open. A feat that was accomplished by Spieth in 2015, Tiger in 2005 and Nicklaus in 1973. Also winning Back to Back US Opens 2017-2018 and PGA Championships 2018-2019, something that hasn't been done since Tiger Woods.

Who knows what we could see from him in 2020, but all I know is that he sure as heck likes the Majors and I sure do think he will continue this in 2020. 

Yet, most people seemingly underestimate and overlook him. I do very much think he deserves more credit than he is now.

GettyImages-1005705786.jpg

Brooks Koepka is a two-time U.S. Open champion and one of golf's best young talents. Why isn't he treated like a star?

Still the same story today. ^

2 minutes ago, KrisF said:

Yet, most people seemingly underestimate and overlook him. I do very much think he deserves more credit than he is now.

Not at all true. 12  months ago you could say this. Not now. Any doubts were removed after his PGA repeat.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Not at all true. 12  months ago you could say this. Not now. Any doubts were removed after his PGA repeat.

I still see it today, I search up his name and no one is talking about it.

Just a bunch of drama about JB holmes slow play.

2 minutes ago, KrisF said:

The first thing that pulls up when I search up Brooks Koepka, "Brooks Koepka frustrated by JB Holmes slow play"

Edited by KrisF

11 minutes ago, KrisF said:

I disagree, he's ranked #1 in the OWGR, people know who he is and know that he's one of the best if not the best player in the game right now.

5 minutes ago, KrisF said:

I googled his name and 3 out of the first 4 news articles that came up are talking about Brooks and his successes 

image.png

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, klineka said:

I disagree, he's ranked #1 in the OWGR, people know who he is and know that he's one of the best if not the best player in the game right now.

I googled his name and 3 out of the first 4 news articles that came up are talking about Brooks and his successes 

image.png

ESPN, is really the only one out of the 4 that credits his success. All the other ones favorite him. 

He admitted as much in his interview last week he only cares about the majors. He doesn't practice other than for that. The regular tournaments are his "practice reps" for the majors and then he practices the week of the big tournament. It's odd, but whatever works. He's never going to catch Sam Snead, but he may catch Tom Watson, Gary Player or Arnold Palmer in the majors category. 

Hard part will be keeping it going. Over the last five years, Rory caught fire and cooled off. Hasn't won a major since 2014. Then Spieth caught fire and now has cooled off over the last four years. Now Koepka has the hot major hand but can he keep winning them. New faces are going to come along. This Wolff looks like he could take the Tour by storm and be the next majors machine. Who knows. The hard part is gong to be staying on top in this era.

8 minutes ago, KrisF said:

All the other ones favorite him

Well yes... Because they are giving credit to his successes and recognizing that he is a great golfer, which is quite literally the opposite of what you said in your initial post

32 minutes ago, KrisF said:

Can you explain why you think someone who is the betting favorite to win the next major championship and is the #1 golfer in the world is underestimated and overlooked?

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 minute ago, klineka said:

Well yes... Because they are giving credit to his successes and recognizing that he is a great golfer, which is quite literally the opposite of what you said in your initial post

Whats funny is it "Favorites" him but does not talk about his success or his major mentality.

11 minutes ago, KrisF said:

Whats funny is it "Favorites" him but does not talk about his success or his major mentality.

Oh for crying out loud!!!!

EVERYONE talks about his "major mentality" and major success. 

Name one golfing analyst, journalist  or Tour player who isn't in awe of what he's achieved. A single one.

And if you look up something by Chamblee that is 18 months old I'll scream.

Edited by leftybutnotPM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wish I could show you this, but on my device all I see is Brooks Koepka Favored, not Brooks Koepka relishing his Major Feats and success.

5 minutes ago, KrisF said:

I wish I could show you this,

Try a screen shot.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Try a screen shot.

image.thumb.png.0aceb532456ef53ea3f66d5283ef682f.png

Just now, KrisF said:

image.thumb.png.0aceb532456ef53ea3f66d5283ef682f.png

I will scroll down.

Edited by KrisF

9 minutes ago, KrisF said:

I wish I could show you this, but on my device all I see is Brooks Koepka Favored, not Brooks Koepka relishing his Major Feats and success.

Nor are there any about his favourite cheese or what shampoo he wears. What are you trying to prove?

(edited)
1 minute ago, leftybutnotPM said:

Nor are there any about his favourite cheese or what shampoo he wears. What are you trying to prove?

Im trying to prove that they dont credit him for his past success and his historical significance . 

Edited by KrisF

It's typical for the golfing writers to jump on a band wagon of players who win.
They get paid to write stories, whether good or BS.
Same goes for golf announcers.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

13 minutes ago, KrisF said:

Im trying to prove that they dont credit him for his past success and his historical significance . 

But they do. WHO doesn't credit him? Name them. 

Name ONE person who doesn't respect or recognise his achievement.

Edited by leftybutnotPM

Just now, leftybutnotPM said:

But they do. WHO doesn't credit him? Name them.

Im not going to start another crazy argument/discussion that doesn't do any good for the both of us.

Just now, KrisF said:

Im not going to start another crazy argument/discussion that doesn't do any good for the both of us.

Im tired of this nonsense I created so I am taking a break.

1 minute ago, KrisF said:

And it makes it easy for you because you can avoid proving that you are talking through your hat. NAME ONE!

And it does me no harm at all.

Edited by leftybutnotPM

Note: This thread is 1338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!