IGNORED

Hey from SE Louisiana!

Seenya
Note: This thread is 1717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello, everybody! I'm from a small town just north of Lake Pontchartrain in SE Louisiana. Just getting back into playing after a 15 year layoff. I carried a 7 handicap back then but I'm not quite back there yet! Man, have things changed! Hope to learn and improve from the folks on here. 

Seenya

Edited by Seenya

Semper Fi,

Doc

Welcome to TST! I was born in Alexandria. Years ago I worked as a rig medic on offshore jack-ups and platforms so I’ve spent time in Grand Isle. Plenty of awesome golf material here. Enjoy and welcome back to golf. Cheers!

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/10/2019 at 6:45 PM, Seenya said:

Man, have things changed!

Welcome to TST. Yeah!

• Like 1

Nave

On 8/10/2019 at 7:45 PM, Seenya said:

Hello, everybody! I'm from a small town just north of Lake Pontchartrain in SE Louisiana. Just getting back into playing after a 15 year layoff. I carried a 7 handicap back then but I'm not quite back there yet! Man, have things changed! Hope to learn and improve from the folks on here. 

Seenya

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Welcome! We must be close! I'm in Covington! You're going to love the forum!  I'm just getting back to golf as well, but I was never anywhere close to a 7....or even a 17! 

Where are you playing? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

Where are you playing? 

Thanks! I've only played once and that was at Abita Springs. I've been hitting a ton of balls in the back yard to try to get a swing back. I've also ordered some new clubs. I've lost a lot of length in these 15 years and would benefit from the stronger lofts.

I want to try Covington CC. It wasn't public when I last played. 

Semper Fi,

Doc

23 minutes ago, Seenya said:

Thanks! I've only played once and that was at Abita Springs. I've been hitting a ton of balls in the back yard to try to get a swing back. I've also ordered some new clubs. I've lost a lot of length in these 15 years and would benefit from the stronger lofts.

I want to try Covington CC. It wasn't public when I last played. 

I haven't played that little course in Abita, but I have hit some balls at the range. Covington CC is usually where I play. It's nothing special and actually isn't as nice as it used to be. It's a decent track but could be a lot better with a little work put into it. Sadly Covington CC doesn't have a driving range so it's tough for me to get practice in unless I drive out to Abita, or just play.

I'm recovering from a detached retina and surgery, but I'm hoping to get back on the course in September. Maybe we can play around at some point down the line.

1 hour ago, GoldenEagle said:

I haven't played that little course in Abita, but I have hit some balls at the range. Covington CC is usually where I play. It's nothing special and actually isn't as nice as it used to be. It's a decent track but could be a lot better with a little work put into it. Sadly Covington CC doesn't have a driving range so it's tough for me to get practice in unless I drive out to Abita, or just play.

I'm recovering from a detached retina and surgery, but I'm hoping to get back on the course in September. Maybe we can play around at some point down the line.

It really isn't anything special. I was a member there 20 years ago and it seems to go through periods where it's better and then it backslides. The fairways have a lot of St. Augustine grass in them and there are very few bunkers, maybe 2-3. 

Sounds good to me. Shoot me a PM on here when you're going to play and I'll see if I can meet you there.

Semper Fi,

Doc

Note: This thread is 1717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!