IGNORED

Any golfers you feel will make huge strides this year?

Chilidipper
Note: This thread is 5898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I feel Sergio will finally win a major, and Baddely will compete in a couple majors.

Lefty will repeat in the players, and he will win the masters.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

This might get laughed at...

But I honestly see John Daly making huge strides in his game this year. He's actually practicing... is working on his swing... he seems to be taking care of himself... and...

He's made 3 cuts out of 6 tries this year so far! (Hey that's already better than last year!) He hasn't made a top 25 yet this year, but I see it coming. I can even see him hitting a top 10 spot if he keeps working on his game.

Last year John only made two top 25's... let's see how well he improves this year

GO JOHN!!

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

hi

i agree totally with the remarks about John Daly-he is practising more than usual-id love to see him win a tournament and watch the faces of those who love to run him down-only those who don't know anything about the game criticise him i feel.

bb

• 2 weeks later...
Greeting from Scotland guys. Nice to be part of such a good forum.

I think Martin Kaymer and Brandt Snedeker are the 2 golfers who I can see make big strides this year.

Nick Dougherty might finally make the big break through too onto the world stage, perhaps at The British Open.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

oh, the john daly fans. i lost hope in him after i read the sequel of his book.......he's a great guy though, and i DID pay for the book, and that goes to him

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

oh, the john daly fans. i lost hope in him after i read the sequel of his book.......he's a great guy though, and i DID pay for the book, and that goes to him

I have given up hope of him ever winning tournaments again but some of the shots he hits even in nightmare rounds are as joyful to watch as anything Mr Woods can do, especially around the green. I think he should go to the European Tour again for his regular golf.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

Let me throw out two names that are going to win two or three times on the PGA Tour this year that havent won yet

Camilo Villegas-its his time-he had like 2 or 3 runner up finishes laST year
He isnt scared of anyone

Rory Sabbatini--he competes at the longest courses. Mark the U.S.Open or the PGA championship down for him

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Mike Weir will win multiple tourneys this year. He will contend at Augusta

In the Bag

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Black Tie 7M3 Stiff  |  LS Hybrid Kurokage Stiff  |
 Nickent 4DX KBS Hybrid Stiff 3,4  | Cobra S3 Pro 5-PW Project X 5.5  |
 Scratch 53*, 59*  |  Odyssey Backstryke  |  Srixon Z Star

I don't see anyone making huge strides this year. Players 5-30 will move up and down but no new stars shining this year.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

• 2 weeks later...
I can see Stricker winning a major this year- he seems to be right in the mix almost every time lately. I think he has played in like seven tournaments this year and his worst finish was like 14th? Oh yeah and one missed cut. In the past he has seemed to have problems with self confidence but I think that is behind him now and he KNOWS he is one of the best players. He just changed his irons last week and came back with a final round 63 at Doral- a big switch from the Taylor made fiasco in the late 90's!

Note: This thread is 5898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!