IGNORED

Counterfeit or Legit? Mizuno MX-25

Note: This thread is 1687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all,

New golfer here from Dayton Ohio. I am starting to break 100 more frequently(just got into golf again a month ago after several years off and never playing more then a few times a year) so I feel it is time to get the irons I want to play with to replace the 1998 Ram Titanium Irons I bought used at a garage sale when I was 13 years old(29 now). I found a reasonable deal on a set of used Mizuno MX-25's on facebook ($125) and was hoping someone here could tell if they are authentic or not. I have read many reviews on these clubs and everyone seems to agree it is a good set. 

mx25 1.jpg

mx25 2.jpg

mx25 3.jpg

mx25 4.jpg

Edited by topoftheline89

WITB:

:ping: G25 8.5 with Hazardous black stiff shaft. Anser 3W 15 degree

:mizuno: MP-14 3-9. 51* Mizuno, :cleveland:54* Cleveland RAW ,60*  588 :odyssey: #2 Stricker special

Buy new and used Mizuno MX 25 Iron Set from the best golf shop. 2nd Swing...

Looks like a good deal if they are legit and in good condition

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2nd Swing is a reputable dealer; just ask them. Maybe get serial #'s and check Mizuno (I think they have a site to register your clubs even older as I have done; it will indicate if clubs are unknown). BTW...I played the MX-100, successor to the MX-25. They are very good clubs. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Looking at the pictures of them again it looks like one 2nd from the top may be bent around the club head?

WITB:

:mizuno: MP-14 3-9. 51* Mizuno, :cleveland:54* Cleveland RAW ,60*  588 :odyssey: #2 Stricker special

Two of the shafts have different bands and the shaft on the second to last wedge will have to be replaced.  I think you can do better for 125 bucks...especially if there is a shipping charge.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

The one shaft definitely looks bent...be cautious buying on eBay if it doesn't state "Returns Accepted".

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

Much better deals out there. Let this one go.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• iacas changed the title to Counterfeit or Legit? Mizuno MX-25

Didn't see the bent 9 iron. Definitely not worth it. Let's go club hunting when you get back @topoftheline89

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Thanks for all the replies. Passed on these for the time being. May pick up a cheap set of Ping Eye2's local or wait til next season to get some Mizunos.

BTW: The Mizunos posted about were local so no shipping required. Once I saw the bent shaft I realized it's not a worthy buy unless I got them for cheap enough to order another 9 iron to complete the set or have the shaft replaced. 

WITB:

Note: This thread is 1687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!