IGNORED

Vitamins

Elmer
Note: This thread is 1606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As I have moved into the rehab phase of my torn bicep tendon, I am using this as an opportunity to reevaluate alot of things.
While I am not able to  do a full body work out, I have tried to maintain my walking and stretching and stick to a PT schedule (at home and at therapy).

One aspect I reevaluating is the diet. Along with that is trying to limit the amount of NSAID i take. I decided to cut them out beginning in October and subsisted fish oil pills with Omega 3.
I have found I am no more achy.
I figure since I am taking Phish oil, what other pills of vitamins should I take? I had been taking b-12s, but they were mostly SWMBO's, so I have to buy my own bottle.

Looking for any recommendations for vitamins (mulit or not), to just make me feel better as I rehab and get older.
Will even accept holistic recommendations. 

• Like 2

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I leave pill considerations to the medical folks. I do know the fewer pills one takes, the better off they are in the long run.

I remember telling the doc who told me I was going need assistance walking for the rest of my life, that he was full s%#t. 

Most of my diet is made up baked chicken, fish, fruits, and green veggies. I stay a way from breads as much as possible. It's been like this for the last several years. That said it's not a strict diet for me. I like beer, pizza, and tacos in moderation. Well, sort of in moderation.

I had to rehab almost all of the left side of my body. First part was to learn to walk again without being attended too. A wheel chair was not going to be a part of my future plans. 

Walking, and stetching did more for me than anything else I did. I recommend walking as much as possible everyday. Even in poor weather, and even for healthy folks. Simple walking cures alot ills for folks. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

19 hours ago, Patch said:

I leave pill considerations to the medical folks. I do know the fewer pills one takes, the better off they are in the long run.

I remember telling the doc who told me I was going need assistance walking for the rest of my life, that he was full s%#t. 

Most of my diet is made up baked chicken, fish, fruits, and green veggies. I stay a way from breads as much as possible. It's been like this for the last several years. That said it's not a strict diet for me. I like beer, pizza, and tacos in moderation. Well, sort of in moderation.

I had to rehab almost all of the left side of my body. First part was to learn to walk again without being attended too. A wheel chair was not going to be a part of my future plans. 

Walking, and stretching did more for me than anything else I did. I recommend walking as much as possible everyday. Even in poor weather, and even for healthy folks. Simple walking cures alot ills for folks. 

I try to walk as often as possible. In fact I have transitioned to a standing desk at work. So even while reading a memo, I pace back and forth.

I have tried to stay on the path of eating chicken, fish, fruits, and green veggies, but with young sporty kids on the go, it is not always easy.
While I tried to cut out bread, I find it convenient at work for lunches. Some nice whole grain-wheat bread and a salad can be consumed at my desk.
My downfall is BEER and bourbon. I like beer and whiskey. I tend to have a small night (oz or 2) a night to settle in for the night. I leave my beer consumption to the weekends. However I dont drink the light stuff, like coors or bud. I prefer an 11% barrel aged stout, which tends to be many, many wasted calories, but darn it is good.

But I dont eat snack food or ice cream, so this is my dessert.

Just read an article that said eating 2 eggs and some veggies provides all the b12 a body needs. So I will no longer be stealing those pills from SWMBO.
I am sticking with my fish oil Omega 3s and green tea. (keep a Nalgene w/a tea bag, steeping in 32 oz of O2) the green tea adds a nice flavor and makes it easier to drink 120 OZ of water a day!

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

On 11/22/2019 at 10:48 PM, Elmer said:

I have tried to stay on the path of eating chicken, fish, fruits, and green veggies, but with young sporty kids on the go, it is not always easy.

Just read an article that said eating 2 eggs and some veggies provides all the b12 a body needs. So I will no longer be stealing those pills from SWMBO.
I am sticking with my fish oil Omega 3s and green tea. (keep a Nalgene w/a tea bag, steeping in 32 oz of O2) the green tea adds a nice flavor and makes it easier to drink 120 OZ of water a day!

Sounds about right already.  Fish and veggies are anti-inflammatory and will cover a lot of your vitamin needs.  Beer and carbs are inflammatory but should not have too large an impact if rationed.

14 hours ago, GOATee said:

Sounds about right already.  Fish and veggies are anti-inflammatory and will cover a lot of your vitamin needs.  Beer and carbs are inflammatory but should not have too large an impact if rationed.

But beer makes me feel good, now your saying it is bad for me?
Blasphemy !

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

5 hours ago, Elmer said:

But beer makes me feel good, now your saying it is bad for me?
Blasphemy !

If you drink beer, your ball will veer (off course).

Or not!

Edited by GOATee
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, sdchris said:

You should be able to get most, if not all, of your vitamins from the food you eat.  If not, then your diet probably needs a closer look.  

Depends on the diet. 

I take this as my multi-vitamin, 

Since I am inside all day during the winter, I am also taking more Vitamin-D. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Look into:

- Tumeric. Great for any inflammatory condition. 

- Magnesium. Take supplements. Modern foods, diet can not supply what our bodies need. Make sure to take a supplement with the 4 chelated types. Eagle Mag Restore is what I take.

- Zinc. Again, modern food production can get get enough for our needs. 

There's a few others for specific needs like brain function, sleep and mental health. 

I'm not a Dr. I've just researched a lot and use integrative GP. Look up the work of Walsh, Nutrient Power.

Note: This thread is 1606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!