IGNORED

Best Hole of Golf You’ve Ever Played

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

The course rating is 63 with a slope of 104. Its only a 5000 yard course. 13 over CR is well within plausibility for my hdcp

Sorry :offtopic:but you still have a course handicap of 17 there whereas I would have 0. So I would have to shoot a gross 58 to beat you. Like I said thats why I don't give strokes. Good round, hopefully that handicap drops quickly.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

52 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Sorry :offtopic:but you still have a course handicap of 17 there whereas I would have 0. So I would have to shoot a gross 58 to beat you. Like I said thats why I don't give strokes. Good round, hopefully that handicap drops quickly.

It will. This is was my first year of serious golf. I'll update my best hole when it happens

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

My one and only eagle.

This happened over 20 years ago. My college friends and I were visiting the San Diego area and we stopped to play a random local course on the drive home to the Bay Area. No idea what the course was called.

The hole was a straight ~500 yard par-5, nothing complicated. I hit my drive in the center of the fairway instead of my usual slice 100 yards offline to the right. Had about 220 yards left and flushed a 2-iron that landed just on the front of the green and rolled to about 5 feet from the hole. Successfully 1-putted for eagle.

Haven't had an eagle since, and a 2-iron is long since ejected from my bag.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

~500 yard par 5, frustrated on tee after going +3 on 8 and 9 to card a 41 on the front. Over swing and push my drive into the trees right. Sitting ~220 from the hole. Have a tiny tiny window between some branches, go for the hero shot in anger. Hit it perfectly, land it 4-5 feet short, hit the uphill putt for an eagle.

Not my best played hole tee to green, but most memorable for me because it kicked off my back nine 33 en route to my best ever score of 74.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 1585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!