IGNORED

GQ Longform Piece on Brooks Koepka

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Haven't finished the piece yet. I do know he talks about private clubs being stuffy and that should change.

brooks-koepka-gq-march-2020-02.jpg

The sport’s most dominant, most inscrutable player thinks the game is boring. But he also knows how to fix it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I started reading it, then I got bored. I guess they’re trying to make him more interesting by showing his “boring” personality is a calculated persona, but then that just made me care less because it seemed like he was trying too hard to be cool.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

59 minutes ago, billchao said:

I started reading it, then I got bored. I guess they’re trying to make him more interesting by showing his “boring” personality is a calculated persona, but then that just made me care less because it seemed like he was trying too hard to be cool.

Damn...actually exactly how I felt  after reading it. I don’t buy his gig. IMO  he wishes he was  more interesting. He’s just not. He’s a dud. He’d rather be in the gym or playing baseball. Fine. I don’t dislike him I just don’t care if he’s playing or not. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Damn...actually exactly how I felt  after reading it. I don’t buy his gig. IMO  he wishes he was  more interesting. He’s just not. He’s a dud. He’d rather be in the gym or playing baseball. Fine. I don’t dislike him I just don’t care if he’s playing or not. 

I don’t dislike him either, I just don’t care. Kind of telling that a piece that’s supposed to shine him in a more interesting light failed to do so. It (he) couldn’t keep me interested enough to even finish reading.

I hope he keeps winning majors. That’s cool for golf. It won’t make me any more interested in him as a person.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

“If I could do it over again, I'd play baseball—100 percent, no doubt,” he said in the past. “To be honest, I'm not a big golf nerd. Golf is kind of boring, not much action.

And yet he’s one of the most boring players out there. And if he feels so lackadaisical about non-major tournaments that could be a time to loosen up and show some enjoyment. I think he’s just a real dud who wants to be perceived as real interesting and it’s like @Double Mocha Man said, he just ain’t got it.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1520 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!