IGNORED

Hello from Manila

subhro
Note: This thread is 1460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone!

I'm Subhro, a newbie golfer based in Manila. I'm left handed in everything I do (I play squash and I also play the guitar), but when I decided to learn golf a few months ago from an instructor, he advised me to learn right handed. his logic was that the left arm is the leading arm for right-handed players, and given I'm strong on my left, it will help to get more power in my swing. I guess time will tell if that's true because it does feel a bit unnatural.

My current battle is with topping the ball when I play my irons. I seem to be fine on the driving range, with most of my shots getting up in the air. But I have been on a golf course twice so far, and my second shot after the tee is always a struggle. Hope to find some good advice in this forum to help me cure this! 

Looking forward to sharing my golf journey with all of you here. I'm 47, so a late starter, but never too late to learn anything, or so they say!

Welcome to TST.  You will find a lot of information here.  There are some pro's who say that if you are right handed in everything else you should play golf left-handed and vice versa.

WRT topping on the fairway and not on the driving range, it is possibly because you are playing on artificial turf, which lets you get away with fat shots (the club doesn't dig in, rather it rides along the ground and gives you decent contact).

There is a lot of information available on this forum if you look for it.  You can also have people here advise you on your swing if you post a video so that they can see exactly what you are doing.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST! 

I don't believe it makes a difference if your a right handed or left handed golfer but there many, many more right handed golfers so used clubs may be easier to find.  

We're glad you joined.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Thanks for the welcome,@pganapathy and @dennyjones! Advice taken onboard, I need to spend some time trawling through this site. I'll post a video of my swing soon and look forward to the comments! 

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 3 weeks later...

Kamusta kaibigan magandang makipagita sa iyo! I travel to Quezon City once a year or so. I have a daughter there who is a model and actress for commercials. It's cool having you here. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Welcome to TST fellow leftie! As @boogielicious agrees...we are so uniquely wonderful and add so much flare to the game! Post a video of your swing in the ‘members swing’ thread and you’ll get plenty of good advice. Cheers!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Thanks Snapfade and Kevin! I've been a bit pre-occupied with the virus situation lately, but i will post my swing video soon and fish for some comments. Stay safe!

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!