IGNORED

Are Online Swing Assessments Useful?

Note: This thread is 1473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Our courses are open and it's not difficult to maintain appropriate distances, so I've played a couple of times in the last week. But somehow I've completed lost my driver swing. I've always (all two years that I've been playing) struggled with a slice but usually manage to get a few acceptable drives. But I can't even count how many balls I've lost in the last 36 holes. It's killing me.  Are online swing assessments any good? Any recommendations?

Hello and welcome to TST. Obviously it depends on who does the online analysis as to its value. But you’re in luck here. You can post a video of your swing in the ‘Members Swing’ thread. You’ll get free advice from very good instructors. You won’t get any bs advice Here. Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, EricBro said:

Our courses are open and it's not difficult to maintain appropriate distances, so I've played a couple of times in the last week. But somehow I've completed lost my driver swing. I've always (all two years that I've been playing) struggled with a slice but usually manage to get a few acceptable drives. But I can't even count how many balls I've lost in the last 36 holes. It's killing me.  Are online swing assessments any good? Any recommendations?

in addition to the Member Swings that @Vinsk posted, I’ve used Evolvr for a few years now from Golf Evolution. It has been excellent.

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• iacas changed the title to Are Online Swing Assessments Useful?

One thing you might find helpful to make your online lessons more effective is to try and take lessons in person with the instructor, let him see you swing live and how you react to instructor and just in general, your tendencies. I think that makes the online lessons in the future more effective. But as always, it depends on the person how much this helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Course close to me has their two instructors doing free swing assessments and short lessons online for free during NYs quarantine. I've had a lesson in person from one of the instructors that helped immensely. So I'm going to give him a shot and compare how both differed, but I'm assuming they'll point out the biggest issue and try to tackle that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

You're getting 30 days of free lessons here on the site!   Take advantage of Erik's generosity, be greedy and take all you can get here. 

Practice Plan Challenge 

Just joined the site but that was the first post I went to. Already did the backswing flow practice today. Amazing resource for sure. 

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1473 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!