IGNORED

Chart Showing Likelihood of Three-Putting

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• iacas changed the title to Chart Showing Likelihood of Three-Putting
  • Administrator

There's the chart.

It's PGA Tour data, so your mileage WILL vary.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Probably barely beat @nevets88 in posting this.😃

Lol.

Looking at this one, if it's accurate, it's a miracle I'm able to sink anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Lol.

Looking at this one, if it's accurate, it's a miracle I'm able to sink anything.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/the_numbers_game/angles_of_error

• Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's fascinating, but WAY too much math for a Monday night, especially since I spent a good part of it figuring out how to install SQL Server on a Linux server.

- Shane

2 hours ago, Nail said:

On a similar theme I saw this on facebook yesterday, interesting.

I think a lot of amateurs have faulty perceptions of how they should be performing. Unfortunately even when given the facts, the stats,  they’ll say the common ignorant phrase, ‘ not in my experience.’ They think their observations override statistical data. This is one of the reasons the ‘putt for dough’ ignorance lives on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I think a lot of amateurs have faulty perceptions of how they should be performing. Unfortunately even when given the facts, the stats,  they’ll say the common ignorant phrase, ‘ not in my experience.’ They think their observations override statistical data. This is one of the reasons the ‘putt for dough’ ignorance lives on.

Yeah, nails it on the head, @Vinsk.

In the video I just posted, Phil talks about nine putts per round being tap-ins, leaving 20-21 putts per round (80 to 84 per four-round event). Of those 80-84 putts, 25-30% (20-25.2 putts) are from outside 21', and the average PGA Tour player makes 1.5 of them.

• Like 1

Love stats like these

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Meh! I couldn't see what was so "fascinating" about that chart. The farther you are from the hole, the less likely you are to make the putt! Wow! What an insight! Of course they prettied it up with "official" number to make it seem more important than it really is. Hell! I figured this out when I was 15! 

20 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Meh! I couldn't see what was so "fascinating" about that chart. The farther you are from the hole, the less likely you are to make the putt! Wow! What an insight! Of course they prettied it up with "official" number to make it seem more important than it really is. Hell! I figured this out when I was 15! 

😒....It shows more than that. Everybody knows longer putts are less likely to be made. It sheds light on how often people think they should make a putt when actually the percentages are quite low. I’ve heard so many times a golfer miss a 10’ putt twice in a round  ( for example) then say, ‘ I really need to work on those putts..it cost me a better round.’ Something like that. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!