IGNORED

Ever Heard of Sub 70 Golf Clubs?

Note: This thread is 1457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've just heard of these for the very first time. 

Sub 70 Golf - Expectations Redefined ... Sub 70 Golf was created to give golfers access to the highest quality and newest technology available in the...

For what ever reason these remind me a lot of PXG. 

Have any of you ever heard of these?
Have any of you ever seen these?... Tried these? … Played these? … 

At first glace they appear like a very good price point. Having said that when I spec'ed them out with the same shafts and grips that I recently got in my set of Mizuno Hot Metal Pros, they only came out to about a $50 savings over the set of Mizunos I got. Of course, I went through about an hour and a half fitting for the Mizunos. 

I supposed if you are planning on buying off the rack, these may be a very good value. 

What do you all think? 

……….. about Sub 70

……...… about direct to consumer clubs in general. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Have any of you ever heard of these?

I've heard of sub70, maybe on one of the more commercialized golf sites like GolfWRX, MGS or THP, and have browsed their iron lines many times via their website. I've read positive feedback on reddit, but not sure if that counts as an objective review of performance. To my eye, I think they look pretty good, but that is in the eye of the beholder.

Like you mentioned, the price points seem really nice, but then you start adding customization. I bought my Wilson FG Tour V6 4-GW iron set for $95 a club. I did initially get them in the wrong shaft flex, but didn't realize this until I started lessons and had feedback from my instructor. I bought a set of essentially unused shafts in the correct flex for $80 and installed them myself. The sub70 639 CB irons, with similar shafts to what I currently used are the same price, around $800. This is still cheaper than some of the biggest brand clubs though, assuming equivalent quality.

23 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

What do you all think? 

……...… about direct to consumer clubs in general. 

I think it is a cool idea, but maybe not for everyone. I'm a fan of the DTC model with golf balls, but that's a smaller financial commitment. My main issue with DTC clubs is the whole fitting thing. My current clubs are not fitted, but I did get fit into a more appropriate shafts for my whole bag. Sub70 has an online fitting tool, and they do have a demo program to compare a single club to one in your current set, and you can visit their headquarters in Illinois for a custom fitting, but for many that want the full launch monitor fitting, it probably comes up short. I'd feel more confident if they had a network of fitters that you could go to.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Never heard of them. I have nothing against direct to consumer business models (I play Snell balls) but for clubs with no fitting process? Hard pass.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I’ve played the 639 cb irons for almost a year.  I like them.  Just got the same shaft and specs from my previous irons.  They work well for me.  Jason the owner is very accessible to answer questions.  I’ve tried a couple other clubs, a driving iron and a driver that I didn’t like and they let me return them no issue.  I think their irons for better players are solid.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

tried them. the customer service is awesome. the clubs? equal to the price they charge. for me they felt strangely weighted. a little heavy and the ball didn't really jump off the club even with pure hits. so not for me. got the taylor made p790. worth the extra cost. Jason did spend a lot of time with me though and I appreciated that. If youre looking at this brand you are probably cost conscious about a new set. i'd almost buy a set of year old mizuno's titleists or taylor made then the sub 70's. you should try them though. it's risk free and you might just like them. 

• billchao changed the title to Ever Heard of Sub 70 Golf Clubs?
58 minutes ago, nicolas wieder said:

you should try them though. it's risk free and you might just like them. 

I'm not actually in the market for new clubs. I just got fit late last year for new Mizuno Hot Metal Pros and so far I really like them. My guess is I won't buy a new set of irons for about 5 to 10 years. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I bought a set of their 739 irons last summer. Those are their game improvement model. I was close to buying a set of F9 and decided to demo these out of curiosity. I honestly really didn’t really notice a difference between the two. Distances and dispersion were very close. The owner Jason has been great to work with. The demo program is pretty easy to use if you want to try their clubs. I had a pro who gave me lessons look at my set and he gave them a try and he felt they were solid. 

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

Note: This thread is 1457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!