IGNORED

Should I replace my 1998 3 wood? TaylorMade TITANIUM BUBBLE 2 ?

Note: This thread is 1386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My man, That is a classic 3 wood. 
Loved me some bubble shaft back in the day. (Did that come out wrong??)

Anyway, I can't tell you if you should dump the trusted friend. 

But if you are looking for value I'd say look at PING G30 FW - IMO it's a great performing Fairway Wood. As good as anything brand new. Plus, if you buy it and it doesn't work for you, I almost guarantee you can sell it for the same price you paid for it. BTW - You can get one for a steel on Ebay if you happen to be lefty. 

The other one I'd suggest is a Cobra F7 fairway wood. It's the Holy Grail of used Fairway Woods in my opinion. Equal to the current Speedzone. Equal to the F9 and way better than the F8. Again, this is one man's opinion. 

Remember, opinions are like A$$holes; Everybody has one and everybody else's stinks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The TI Bubble II was my first “real” driver. I caved in the face on one and got a warrantee replacement. At any rate, I would say it’s definitely time for an upgrade. 

• Thumbs Up 1

- Shane

How well do you hit it and how often do you play?

If you play twice a year and you hit it okay, probably not worth the money for a new one.

Play daily and hit it poorly?  Definitely get a new one ... and be careful on the specs!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I had the TM bubble 3W & Driver. They've been the old club barrel in my basement for the last 10 or 15 years. I can guarantee you will get more yardage and be more accurate with anything, from any manufacturer, that's more current. With those clubs there was no forgiveness at all on off center hits and if the bubble in the shaft provided any kind of kick at all it was undetectable. I finally found someone who thought they were "valuable" and gave me some money for them.

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 9:23 PM, Used2PlayALot said:

Would a newer rescue club be better for me?  I am a 90s golfer, not a long hitter.

What's a good value used fairway wood?  Where should I buy used clubs?

Youre in your 90's and still golfing? Good for you! 😁

It essentially depends on how you perform with the club.  Go to a pro-shop or sports shop and hit some newer clubs.  If you find a difference in the performance which justifies purchase, go ahead and do so.  Don't just look at distance though.  Most new clubs are longer, but dispersion is just as important.  Also, if your 3 wood becomes driver length, then you need to replace that as well.  Or is there a huge gap between them at present

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I agree with Chets thoughts on Cobra. My son uses the F8 5W and averages 220 with it and he’s nowhere near maxing out his distance yet. But like others have said it really comes down to what you are trying to gain from the club. 

On 6/18/2020 at 8:23 PM, Used2PlayALot said:

Would a newer rescue club be better for me?  I am a 90s golfer, not a long hitter.

What's a good value used fairway wood?  Where should I buy used clubs?

Blast from the past that Bubble. I mean there are so many good fairway / hybrid models today. Any recent Cobra, Callaway and Ping would probably be good fit for you. Just have to choose the distance gaps you need to cover and go from there. 

Note: This thread is 1386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!