IGNORED

My Swing (ShaftFarmer)

ShaftFarmer

41 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

Just be careful with swinging at balls on a thin piece of carpet on a concrete floor.

Yeah I've been using my older 6-iron for these just in case! But I've been meaning to get an actual mat/net but I'll probably pull the trigger on that once it starts getting a little colder

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

36 minutes ago, ShaftFarmer said:

Yeah I've been using my older 6-iron for these just in case! But I've been meaning to get an actual mat/net but I'll probably pull the trigger on that once it starts getting a little colder

Yeah, I mostly just meant in terms of potential injury.

21 hours ago, Grizvok said:

Yeah, I mostly just meant in terms of potential injury.

Ahhh okay, I had never thought of that. Definitely will be sure to not do any full swings!

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

Spent awhile at the range the last few nights working on my rotation. I took some full swings trying to incorporate what I've been working on and I actually felt pretty good. 

Here's a video of me attempting the pump drill again. Shanked this one so maybe you can guys see whats wrong. I was thinking it due to me holding the club off too much but it doesn't seem like that here but I could be wrong. 

Here's one of my first full swings in awhile. Really trying to get rotated on the downswing. While doing this my ball flight was a draw probably because I was still flipping the club a bit around impact. 

Rotation definitely is showing improvement! The pic on the left is from a few weeks ago (what I sent into Evolvr) and most recent is on the right. 

1862196782_ScreenShot2020-08-01at5_45_48PM.thumb.png.7a4e36297546243e7593ce06184acff8.png

• Thumbs Up 1

My Swing

• Administrator

Tough to tell with a small video at 30 FPS, honestly. A shank is a 1” error.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Tough to tell with a small video at 30 FPS, honestly. A shank is a 1” error.

Yeah for some reason this one didn't record in slow-motion but attempted to slow it down as much as I could. I do feel that each time I shank it the club twists closed on the follow-through. Not sure if this could be any kind of indicator towards something or if that just happens for all shanks. I think it could also be due to my hands moving out towards the ball slightly on the downswing. I don't know if I don't have enough coordination with this type of swing or what but I'm going to try this drill while holding a towel in armpits to see if that helps anything. 

I've also been watching a decent amount of Georga Gankas videos where he works on a student's rotation. Saw one where he was working with Matt Wolff and his little dance move at the beginning. He's definitely interesting to watch!

My Swing

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, ShaftFarmer said:

I do feel that each time I shank it the club twists closed on the follow-through.

Of course. When you toe it, it twists open. That’s just physics.

It’s not a swing thing.

Do not swing with a towel under your armpit please.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Of course. When you toe it, it twists open. That’s just physics.

It’s not a swing thing.

Yeah that makes sense

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Do not swing with a towel under your armpit please.

Noted! 👍

My Swing

Quick update. Continuing to work on my rotation and extension around impact. Was planning on uploading some videos of me doing the pump drill as I thought I may had finally gotten it figured it out and looking much better but unfortunately that wasn't the case as my extension was still way too late. 

Still working on my feel for this because I'm not even making the correct move on the majority of my rehearsals. Going to spend some time tonight really going SLOW with it in my garage and once I get a video that I feel looks decent I will post it. I'm not leaving my garage tonight until I do 😉

With that being said I thought it would be a good idea to just post a video of me trying to get a proper extension without a club just to make sure I am actually doing this correctly and getting the right feel

• Thumbs Up 1

My Swing

(edited)

Tonight at the range was probably the best session all year. Which is perfect because the plan with Evolvr is to hopefully start working on my next priority piece next week as long as I've gotten this move down.

Did about 50% pump drill swings and 50% "full" swings (very slow and controlled) and aside from a couple swings my contact was as good as it's ever been.  

Here is post-impact position of me doing the pump drill a few days ago and and then one from today. Huge difference from what I can see! (still flipping a bit as you see in the video)

265620750_ScreenShot2020-08-07at10_50_19PM.thumb.png.d1c9226a76a56a048fca938c5ce648f1.png

Still going way too far back with these but I'm happy to finally be seeing progress for this drill! Early next week I'll have some full swing for Evolvr 

Edited by ShaftFarmer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Swing

6 hours ago, ShaftFarmer said:

Huge difference from what I can see! (still flipping a bit as you see in the video)

Looks good. I don’t know what you’re talking about with the flipping, though.

E9A84D93-5FC6-4313-9781-3ACA26DFD6E2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, billchao said:

Looks good. I don’t know what you’re talking about with the flipping, though.

Yeah my bad, I should have been more clear! I meant I still have some roll-over of my right wrist slightly after impact I think (maybe I'm wrong).   

The angle of my club head is a bit more vertical than it should be, correct? Definitely not huge roll-over but something I wanted to make note of

412818750_ScreenShot2020-08-08at12_16_51PM.thumb.png.93038abcea27d0676b4eac71bc4dd07b.png

My Swing

9 hours ago, ShaftFarmer said:

Yeah my bad, I should have been more clear! I meant I still have some roll-over of my right wrist slightly after impact I think (maybe I'm wrong).   

The angle of my club head is a bit more vertical than it should be, correct? Definitely not huge roll-over but something I wanted to make note of

412818750_ScreenShot2020-08-08at12_16_51PM.thumb.png.93038abcea27d0676b4eac71bc4dd07b.png

Vertical means you have less roll of the clubface, not more.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

The face is fine.

• Like 1

Been a crazy few days, but was able to get some swings in last night. Had a storm roll through on Monday that did a lot of damage and knocked out power. Luckily, my power came back last night and the range I normally go to open. 

I sent these into Evolvr as my second submission. Because of that, I went into it with just the swing thought of "up and out" but toward the end of the bucket, which is when these videos were taken I was basically swinging without any thoughts.

The majority of shot shapes were high fades with some of them being on the "heavy" side. Overall, pretty consistent contact but feel like my contact wasn't as "crisp" as it could be

I've definitely made progress on my rotation but will continue working on this every once in awhile and am planning on using the pump drill as a little warm-up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Swing

• Administrator
9 hours ago, ShaftFarmer said:

I sent these into Evolvr as my second submission. Because of that, I went into it with just the swing thought of "up and out" but toward the end of the bucket, which is when these videos were taken I was basically swinging without any thoughts.

You're way past your "second" submission. Like I said, it's four a month, so it's not like you're past that, but second! 😄 We're deep into page two my man! 

9 hours ago, iacas said:

You're way past your "second" submission. Like I said, it's four a month, so it's not like you're past that, but second! 😄 We're deep into page two my man! 

Yeah you're right, I'm definitely past my second haha! What I meant was it is my first submission since figuring out the pump drill and not specifically asking for clarification. If that makes any sense!

• Like 1

My Swing