IGNORED

Scores Not Showing Improvement

Killa
Note: This thread is 1341 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, knott said:

I think its obvious when I am playing if I do bad shots or bad decisions

That isn’t even close to the point of what I said.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any particular reason why you choose to play a longer course when you are struggling? Can you tee it forward? It doesn’t necessarily mean it is any easier but it may force you to use shorter irons more and improve on accuracy. Move back to 6600 when you break 90.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, knott said:

Well yes but knowing if there’s a pattern or an area where you’re hurting your score the most can be very beneficial. Stats are helpful too. I know there are a lot of golfers who’ll make 3 out of 5 7’ putts and when speaking of their round they’ll say they’ve got to work in their putting because they should’ve make those other two....for example.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

30 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

Any particular reason why you choose to play a longer course when you are struggling? Can you tee it forward? It doesn’t necessarily mean it is any easier but it may force you to use shorter irons more and improve on accuracy. Move back to 6600 when you break 90.

Well on most courses over here it’s either this or the ladies tees. And no I’m not playing the ladies tees when I’m playing with 3 men. 🙂 

Most of the courses I play the men play from around 6600 and there are usually a set of men’s “pro” tees that play 7000+. 

A local 9 hole course plays to about 2500 and I’ve broken 45 several times there. I have also played 40 on the back 9 of a 6800 yard course, but I cannot string 18 such holes together. I’ve had rounds where I was +1 after 6 holes and had it fall apart to not break 90 again... I also broke par on a short par 3 course. That’s why it frustrates me so hard, because if I string my best 9 hole scores together I’m close to breaking 80 and I never broke 90 in a complete round. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

That isn’t even close to the point of what I said.

Sorry if I misinterpreted it. I figured you wanted to use statistics to get ideas on how to improve your game and what to practise on? I get that info from the rounds I do directly. I know where the strokes go. 

1 minute ago, knott said:

Sorry if I misinterpreted it. I figured you wanted to use statistics to get ideas on how to improve your game and what to practise on? I get that info from the rounds I do directly. I know where the strokes go. 

Thing is that you really don’t. Because you remember full swings lost. Hitting a ball OB is easy 2 strokes lost. Hitting the ball under the tree where you can hit it only 130 towards the green and not the full 150 needed? You didn’t lose a full stroke there, but you did probably lose 1/2 a stroke. 

Hitting a 30’ putt to 1’ you might not remember, but in reality you picked up at least .25 of a stroke on that putt. Etc. 

long story short - we know when we loose/gain full shots, but in reality we are loosing parts of shots all around the course and that adds up to several shots per round you don’t even notice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

Ace

You do know that LOGIC is not allowed in this forum.😝

So how are you doing?....is your quarantine period over?....hmmmm.....didn't your cap lower again?...at this pace you'll destroy any other golfers on this site.

So did you buy any nice golf shoes or clothes on-line during your boring self quarantine.?

3 minutes ago, Killa said:

Thing is that you really don’t. Because you remember full swings lost. Hitting a ball OB is easy 2 strokes lost. Hitting the ball under the tree where you can hit it only 130 towards the green and not the full 150 needed? You didn’t lose a full stroke there, but you did probably lose 1/2 a stroke. 

Hitting a 30’ putt to 1’ you might not remember, but in reality you picked up at least .25 of a stroke on that putt. Etc. 

long story short - we know when we loose/gain full shots, but in reality we are loosing parts of shots all around the course and that adds up to several shots per round you don’t even notice. 

I guess that is what the stroke gained feature is about. I don´t have access to that yet. But still don´t see how that would change what I feel I need to better myself on to score better. I only play on my home courses though so always have a clear plan of what I want out of my shots.

4 minutes ago, knott said:

I guess that is what the stroke gained feature is about. I don´t have access to that yet. But still don´t see how that would change what I feel I need to better myself on to score better. I only play on my home courses though so always have a clear plan of what I want out of my shots.

You do understand the phrase “feel ain’t real” is used by pretty much every reputable golf instructor, right?

You have no effing clue what your REAL strokes gained statistics are so please don’t act like you do. As if your intuition is better than REAL ACTUAL DATA. Come on man. Make a little bit of sense every once in a while.

29 minutes ago, Killa said:

Well on most courses over here it’s either this or the ladies tees. And no I’m not playing the ladies tees when I’m playing with 3 men. 🙂 

They are called “forward tees” 😉 LOL

I know how it feels to play so well in the front 9 just to completely fall apart for no particular reason. Last week I had a 35 at the turn just to bogey every damn hole in the back 9. I usually go downhill once I know I am playing well, so I try to not look at my scorecard until I finish. 

29 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Ace

You do know that LOGIC is not allowed in this forum.😝

So how are you doing?....is your quarantine period over?....hmmmm.....didn't your cap lower again?...at this pace you'll destroy any other golfers on this site.

So did you buy any nice golf shoes or clothes on-line during your boring self quarantine.?

LOL😆 Golf is a very humbling game. There is no room for any ego...

I survived my quarantine! My new driver arrived just in time to start golf again. I think my hcp is going up but it should still be single digit. I play great one day and completely fail the next.

No golf shoes or clothes (I got plenty to last my lifetime), but I did order a new club to close the gap between my new driver and old 3w. It’s the TM SIM rocket 3 and it should come in next week. 

How is your game?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

They are called “forward tees” 😉 LOL

I know how it feels to play so well in the front 9 just to completely fall apart for no particular reason. Last week I had a 35 at the turn just to bogey every damn hole in the back 9. I usually go downhill once I know I am playing well, so I try to not look at my scorecard until I finish. 

LOL😆 Golf is a very humbling game. There is no room for any ego

I’d play the “forward” tees but there is that clear “ladies” on the scorecard 🤧

13 minutes ago, Grizvok said:

You do understand the phrase “feel ain’t real” is used by pretty much every reputable golf instructor, right?

You have no effing clue what your REAL strokes gained statistics are so please don’t act like you do. As if your intuition is better than REAL ACTUAL DATA. Come on man. Make a little bit of sense every once in a while.

I never said I know what strokes gained statistics are. I said I don´t have access to it right in the previous post? Learn to troll properly!
It´s supposed to be added to shot scope V3 so will soon see what it´s all about.

What is it with all the aggressivity on this forum? My intuition? I mean I generally know what shots lead to me double bogey a hole or sorse. I have a pretty solid idea what to work on. Looking at my statistics from Shot Scope V3 don´t give me a clearer picture.

I never said I know what strokes gained statistics are. I said I don´t have access to it right in the previous post? Learn to troll properly!

Do you not have a smart phone? There are plenty of free apps that offer SG analysis. You are definitely taking the cake in the trolling department, or you are just at the very start of your Dunning-Kruger effect in golf. You may have been playing a long time, but I would bet you are the second dot, or close to it.

1*eqmrgQRb8YyqEPMUcZE3lA.png

What is it with all the aggressivity on this forum? My intuition?

We aren't aggressive, and your intuition is just "feel", which isn't real as you have probably heard lots since you've gotten here. If every post you make is " I know exactly all about golf and where I lose my strokes, and I don't need an instructor", you are going to continue to get pushback because everything you are saying is wrong and could misinform others that read it.

Everyone that replies to your post is trying to protect the unsuspecting from believing things that are objectively false. 17 handicap players need instructors, and don't know where they are losing strokes. If they did, they wouldn't be 17 handicaps, myself included.

Edited by Bonvivant
addition
  • Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

32 minutes ago, knott said:

What is it with all the aggressivity on this forum?

A clear indicator you can’t analyze for s***. Lol. There’s no aggression here at all. 🙂

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
2 hours ago, knott said:

1 hour ago, knott said:

37 minutes ago, knott said:

It´s supposed to be added to shot scope V3 so will soon see what it´s all about.

What is it with all the aggressivity on this forum? My intuition? I mean I generally know what shots lead to me double bogey a hole or sorse. I have a pretty solid idea what to work on. Looking at my statistics from Shot Scope V3 don´t give me a clearer picture.

Dude.

the naked gun facepalm GIF

You’re the peak of the left side of that graph above.

Justin Rose didn’t even know where he was losing and gaining shots. But you do?

The topic is about Killa.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Everyone that replies to your post is trying to protect the unsuspecting from believing things that are objectively false. 17 handicap players need instructors, and don't know where they are losing strokes. If they did, they wouldn't be 17 handicaps, myself included.

To be fair I would say there is a difference between a new player / high handicapper and a long term mid/low handicapper.

For a new golfer, the play is so inconsistent that it can be pretty clear where actual shots are lost. For example "if I didn't scalp 3 consecutive 6 iron shots on the 7th I coudl've scored par". 

As your game develops these obvious inconsistencies and errors become rarer, so it is less clear where shots are being dropped since you're no longer looking at the obvious full losses, it is, as was said earlier, maybe a 1/4 putt here, or a 1/2 chip there.

I'm new here, and I do have to agree that it does seem like there is a lot of agression here. This thread in particular has taken me by surprise by how insulting and confrontational some of the responses have been. It makes me question whether it would be a safe place for me to seek advice or whinge about my crap scores.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Killa said:

no I was using game golf live version last season. I currently can’t log in to take a screenshot of the strokes gained stats

edit: managed to do it now: here are last 5 rounds one of them might be from this season

EC677B21-7FCC-4CE6-806F-4BABD613C7C4.jpeg

1FD39D9E-C188-45FA-8ECC-D4468D0F5D16.jpeg

On topic this time. This, combined with your post about 4-5 iron and the distance you play from could mean one of two things and most likely it is a combination of the two. 1.) You aren't nearly as accurate with your short irons as you think you are. 2.) You are playing from the wrong tees, mates be damned. I find it hard to believe that there aren't more than 2 tees in front of the 6600 yarders. If so, they are doing a poor job of catering to golfers.

Most weekend players (I would put you in this category based on rounds played in a year) shouldn't be hitting from anything more than 6200 yards unless they are exceptionally long off the tee for their amount of play. 

Against a 10 handicap, you also shouldn't be losing that many strokes around/on the green. Are you accurately recording your putting data (dropping pin and each putt properly or close to...I actually don't do this so don't have much room to talk)? If this app uses the standard 50 yards for short game, you could do some fine tuning there.

I'm glad you are feeling improvement in your game, even if you can't see it yet. Sometimes confidence is half the battle, but it can also lull you into a false sense of skill. Maybe shelf the long irons when you are on the course, or think about going to hybrids. I know the answer to that will probably be no, just based on the tees you are playing though.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

If this app uses the standard 50 yards for short game

100 yards.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1341 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!