IGNORED

I made it!

Steaksauce
Note: This thread is 5906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just had my second round of tryouts today, and after shooting 40,47 (today's weather was terrible in New Jersey, up to 50 mph and 40-45 degree temp. and the greens were airated) I was the only freshman to make the high school golf team! And for the last 10-15 years Moorestown has won more championships than any other other team in the whole state.

I'm psyched, I get to practice and play 9 holes almost every day and also the youngest person to make the team now. My game should improve drastically because I didn't really get to play any nice courses last year and just confidence alone is boosted. Also this weekend my dad is going to let me get a set of Ben Hogan Apexes, whether it be his clubs or most likely from the used section of Golf Galaxy.

So since my highschool experience is only just to come, anyone else want to share their golf team memories of the glory days?

In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

Hey congrats... you should bring a lot of energy to your team.

Now the hard part... you will have to work on your game. I am sure it will be hard to stay on the team if they are that good year after year... enjoy.
If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Yea, I remember the glory days. Seems like it was just last year, actually it was. Had some pretty good times on the team.

Second to last match of the year, my team is down by one and the kid I am paired with has kept up with me going on to the last hole. Not to make it dramatic or anything but he drove first and hit it OB. HAHA, won by two strokes.

First match of the year, not me but a kid on the opposing team hit a hole-in-one. Wasnt my pairing, Thank God. I think the kid shot like 44 too.

Great times on the golf team. 3 year starter. Good Luck with yours. Hope you work on that game. I let mine slip after school was out.
In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Nice!

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

congrats on making the team and also on getting some apexes

In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

Congrats! I only wish we had a golf team when I was in junior high. Small town bumpkin. Besides, growing up in Hawaii all we ever do is surf.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

I just had my second round of tryouts today, and after shooting 40,47 (today's weather was terrible in New Jersey, up to 50 mph and 40-45 degree temp. and the greens were airated) I was the only freshman to make the high school golf team! And for the last 10-15 years Moorestown has won more championships than any other other team in the whole state.

I didn't play golf in high school - not just for my HS team, I didn't take up the sport until I was 22, so I don't have memories to share. But I want to congratulate you just the same. Very well done, I hope you share your successes with us. And getting to play several times a week... I'm jealous. Enjoy the opportunity, and may you be able to continue enjoying golf and playing golf for a great many years to come.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats Steaksauce...
I'm just an old high handicapper who started golfing in my 40's, but that's awesome for you. Listen. watch, & learn...that will bring you confidence. Good luck!

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

Congratulations are definitely in order :)

Unfortunately, when I was in HS golf just wasn't the game to play. I wasted all my time on baseball.

Looking back, I wish I would have played golf.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Congrats! Be sure to enjoy every minute of it.

I played my Sophomore and Junior years in HS. Between my Jr. and Sr. years I improved dramatically and would have easily been in the top four players. Well, circumstances beyond my control resulted in me not being able to try out. Basically there was a new coach and he was lacking in getting the word out about tryouts. Since I found out at the very last minute and didn't have my sports physical I was told I couldn't try out. I tried everything, but in the end I was shot down. Two months later I found out one of the guys who had done well the previous year was also in the same boat and the coach let him try out.

To this day I shake my head in disgust when I think of how things turned out that season. My opportunity was taken from me thanks to someone else's lack of planning and initiative. It makes me sick even writing this.

But, you have the opportunity to shine. Make it happen! Give it all you have and enjoy it all! You will never forget the times you have on the team.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats Steaksauce! Enjoy it, I'm jealous.

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

Congratulations.
I played on the high school team (25 years ago). Our high school was so big we had 37 guys trying out for 6 varsity spots (5 starting and one alternative). It was a lot of fun but far from a glamor sport. I can remember cringing when they would announce the golf match results on the morning announcements. All the guys on the football team would cackle with laughter.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Congrats! I didn't play golf, but I was a 4-year varsity singles tennis player and it was a blast just being on the team. You'll love it! Pay attention to the really good players and put in extra practice and you'll be amazed what you can accomplish!

Good luck.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Congrats!

College golf can be great fun - I went back as a college graduate this year and am really enjoying playing instead of studying/lectures

Travelling around the country playing some fine golf courses, meeting new people - beats sitting behind a computer all day like I did last year!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Congratulations. I can remember my first tryouts like it was yesterday. I am 25, so its been exactly 10 years. WOW. Time flies. Our school was very competitive as well and making the team was a major accomplishment. We had three teams: Varsity, JV and freshmen. I made the JV/Freshmen team. I think I shot low 40's in tryouts. I remember my first year average 9 hole score though. It was the first time I ever tracked stats. 41.7
I just remember how nervous I was in the first JV match. Being on the golf team was by far the coolest experience in high school for me as far as sports go. Getting the team pullover and team bag was awesome as well. And the competition was awesome.

it didnt end as i planned though. I was not allowed to play when i was a senior due to my grades being horrible and the golf coach being the college counseler. he wasnt to keen on my not applying for college when the school had a 99% college rate. (1% was for military). i was such an idiot back then lol. it was a blessing though. i got my sh%t straightened out and went to college.

again, good luck

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

GOOD FOR YOU! Congrats!
-Good choice on the Hogans too.

Never played on the golf team in highschool, wish I had. I was too busy skateboarding and being an idiot.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Never played on the golf team in highschool, wish I had. I was too busy skateboarding and being an idiot.

Same here.....Congratulations young man and best of luck.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Note: This thread is 5906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!