iacas

Want to be a Moderator?

9 posts / 484 viewsLast Reply

If you're interested in being a moderator, please share the reasons why here, as we'll look to add 1-3 moderators over the next few weeks.

Duties and obligations and perks:

• Check in on the forum regularly.
  • Participate in the staff "Slack" group.
  • Manage some posting on the forum (typically this involves merging posts into existing topics).
  • Occasionally we have to hand out a warning. This isn't done if you're participating in the topic - other moderators make their own decision in such cases.
  • Access to review stuff, and the soft expectation that you'll occasionally review some things.

Ideally, you already visit the site pretty frequently, and really, we need to moderate so infrequently this isn't a big-time thing. Most people here are good people, and we all have a passion for the game of golf in common. Plus, regardless of which moderator does anything, including our dedicated moderator @The Committee, I get the blame for it. 🙂 So you'll be fine!

I would like to also thank the guys we recently removed from the moderator list for their many years of service. We wouldn't be where we are without them. Thank you!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would be interested in being a moderator. I frequent the site pretty much every day, but it's mostly reading topics. I'd like to become more involved and get to know everyone better. The site has given me so much information and opportunities to meet up for play (even though I have yet to make one of those opportunities) that I'd really like to give back in some form or fashion other than being a supporter.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:03 AM, TN94z said:

I would be interested in being a moderator. I frequent the site pretty much every day, but it's mostly reading topics. I'd like to become more involved and get to know everyone better. The site has given me so much information and opportunities to meet up for play (even though I have yet to make one of those opportunities) that I'd really like to give back in some form or fashion other than being a supporter.

Okay. You'd be good, I think. We'll talk soon - I want to see if there are a few others so we can have one conversation instead of two or three staggered similar conversations. 😄

I love this site and I’ve gotten to know a good handful of the members here, and I visit the site several times a day. I love the game of golf, and I think I would be good as a moderator. 

I’d definitely be willing to be a moderator. Been around almost 10yrs and visit the site very regularly to check things out. Obviously have golf experience and teaching. 

I'm willing and interested as well.  I'll be transitioning into retirement over the next year or less, and will have more time available if needed.  I've enjoyed my time here from the first, and really value the effort you and the mods put into it.

There are some really good candidates here. I'm very glad I'm not the one having to make the decision!