IGNORED

Golf Pride Concept Helix

Adam C
Note: This thread is 1228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw them and they are intriguing.   I like the ease of installation.    It does conflict with Game Golf / Arccos.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, Adam C said:

Not sure if you have seen these yet, new prototype golf grips from Golf Pride. Just got some and tried them out. Here it is.

Great video. I would have been dropping F-bombs after about two minutes of trying to get it on!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Great video. I would have been dropping F-bombs after about two minutes of trying to get it on!

That's what editing is for! The Directors cut of this video is NC17.

• Funny 1

Nice review - informative and honest. Seems like the concept needs some refinement to say the least. It's an interesting idea, but it's hard to see what the ultimate vision is. I don't see this as revolutionary yet. Is this supposed to be a tool for professional club builders to expedite regripping? Is this meant for the average weekend golfer who doesn't want to spend the $ on having someone install grips for them?

I've never felt that regripping clubs was burdensome as a hobbyist club builder, and now that I use Pure grips and air compressor installation, I can regrip my entire bag in 15-20 minutes. I also wonder how GolfPride will deal with the club tracking products that install in the butt of the grip.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I also agree that it's a great review, @Adam C. These probably aren't for me but I am curious - what exactly does twisting the grip end do? I see that it's supposed to tighten the grip onto the shaft but how? Thanks.

25 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I also agree that it's a great review, @Adam C. These probably aren't for me but I am curious - what exactly does twisting the grip end do? I see that it's supposed to tighten the grip onto the shaft but how? Thanks.

I wasn't exactly sure how it worked either while I was doing the review, however since then I think I've figured it out roughly.

The knob on the top is twisted which clamps the inside of the butt end of the grip against the inside wall or using the inside wall of the shaft. Then the twisting of the grip just tightens it up like when you keep twisting a rubber band and making it shorter and tighter. This does seem like it will have some big limitations as far as grip patterns and designs since they need to be able to twist around.

Also you can't have any grip with alignment on it with all the twisting. No Align, no ribs, no Victory arrow pattern.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I did an install and review on the GP Concept Helix grip last week. Just found out that better instructions existed so I felt I owed it a second install and review. Here it is.

• iacas changed the title to Golf Pride Prototype Grip Second Chance
  • Administrator

This whole thing looks dumb.

Just install with an airgun. Plus, then, you won't have some goofy metal or plastic thing on the end of your club.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Nice of you to review again. Having a subtle URL link to detailed instructions is silly. Just print them on the box, include a sheet of paper, or have a scannable QR code or something.

Any idea what Golf Pride's intent with this product is? I still have no clue. It is clearly not simpler/easier than the tape and solvent method, and definitely not easier than using an air compressor for grips like Pure.

Is the target customer a golfer who wants to change their own grips, doesn't use club/shot tracking system, doesn't want to use tape and solvent, doesn't want to use an air compressor, and only wants non-cord grips with standard texture/pattern?

-Peter

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Nice of you to review again. Having a subtle URL link to detailed instructions is silly. Just print them on the box, include a sheet of paper, or have a scannable QR code or something.

I agree making it small is bad, and more and more people are seemingly starting to use QR codes. Finally. But, having the instructions online is good, because they can update them as needed.

But I think you're both commenting on the former part, not the latter stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

But I think you're both commenting on the former part, not the latter stuff.

Yeah, my comment was more directed at the fact it wasn't more prominent in the packaging, considering nobody has used this product before.

Online instructions are great - I'd much rather read instructions on a web browser or PDF (or even better, a well done video) than have to fumble around with a sheet of paper. There are some really bad paper-based instructions that have tons of folds and combine the content for multiple languages into a single document.

-Peter

The strange thing was I couldn't easily locate the instructions directly from the Golf Pride home page or even secondary page. When I first got the grips, I went to the GP website assuming I would find the instructions and the only thing I could find were the super basic 3 step instructions I refer to in the first vid. They need to be more obvious on the packaging and also on the site in my opinion.

Note: This thread is 1228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!