IGNORED

WGC Doral

losingmyedge
Note: This thread is 5889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Surely Tiger can't win ANOTHER tournament in a row

He'd better - I have a ticket for Sunday and am going exclusively to follow him from #1 to #18.

Will be nice to see what kind of shape the Blue Monster is in March for a professional tournament vs. the kind of shape it was in back in June of last year when I played there, too. For the record, it was in pretty darn good shape back when I played there.

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i said tiger was going to win ..i said mcdowell will finish top 10.

thats not the point, the point is you saying that doral plays short, and then saying that mcdowell will do well because he plays well on long courses

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

thats not the point, the point is you saying that doral plays short, and then saying that mcdowell will do well because he plays well on long courses

i said mcdowell will do good on the long pars threes that you have to use IRONS on

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

• Administrator
i said mcdowell will do good on the long pars threes that you have to use IRONS on

No, that's not what you said.

Graeme Mcdowell is such a great player. He played soo well at Southern Hills....Man can that guy hit irons....i think he will finish in the top 10 this week because he plays well on long courses

You're very close to being sent to the penalty box just so the rest of us can take a break from you, dude. Now you're arguing despite ample proof to the contrary?!?! Just scroll back a few pages - it's right there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OK, I'll play this game. 4 guys not named Tiger Woods that will contend this week at Doral in no particular order:

Good call on Phil, hope he keeps it up for the showdown we all wanna see. After the 1st round Id say you have a close race between Phil, Geoff, and Tiger come Sunday. I cant say Scott because he's hit and miss in these big tournaments, really seems to shine only once or twice a year.

Some others that come to mind would be Jim Furyk, Aaron Baddely, Zach Johnson, KJ Choi, Woody Austin, Justin Rose and Robert Allenby. Slow and steady wins the race, at this course, really its anyone's tournament.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Its great to see Phil up there with Tiger at -5....theres a lot of chat about his respiratory illness which has slowed him up... Id like to see Phil challenge Tiger all the way ..just hope Phil doesn't get another dose of that chokers syndrome- he is as good as Tiger from a 'game' point of view but has a lot of work to do regarding his mental strategies.

I'm going to give a little shout out to my boy Charles Howell III. He birdied three of the last five to get to -3 for the round. His birdie at the 18th was pretty awesome because of the trouble he was in off the tee. Ok, now to the leaders.

Tiger missed a couple short putts yesterday and definitely could have been -8 or -9 for the round. He is still right in the thick of things though and will be tough to beat all weekend. Hopefully Geoff Ogilvy, Adam Scott, Phil Mickelson, etc. can keep the pressure on Tiger. If so, this will be a very exciting tourney until the finish.

I'll be there on Saturday! My first tournament I will have gone to ever :)
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

Ok, the wind is blowing just north of the course and gusting into the mid 20s...Lets see how they handle it. Like I said, the South Florida winds can pick up in March and make things more interesting.

I played this morning and at times was facing a 2-3 club wind. I even hit one 305 downwind (same drive was about 240 into the wind, about 270 normally). Of course these guys will be playing some great control shots, but it will add a little more challenge to the course.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Tiger is in the lead, again.

Watching him, I'm starting to feel like Ivan Drago in "Rocky": "He's not a man, he's a machine."

This is just incredible to watch.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Will he ever lose again? lol
Whats in my bag:
Driver: R7 Superquad 10.5 Stiff Stock
Wood: R7 3 wood Stiff Stock, r7 5 wood Stiff Stock
Irons: Command BK 3-PW Stiff TT Black Gold Shafts
Wedges: 52, 56, 60Putter: Dual Force Rossie II or White Hot XG #9 (Haven't had a chance to use both yet.)

And yet Geoff is bogey-free through 36 holes and in the lead. Bogey-free and the most birdies of the field thus far. Not a bad combination.

How is his sand save % not 100 for this tournament if he hasn't had a bogey? I thought sand saves, for the professionals, was the percentage of the time you make par or better after hitting the sand.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

B Flight

I'm doing ok with my picks

followed Ogilvy for a couple of holes at the PODS Champ, he's just a cool customer (like Feddie Couples and Nick Faldo...I like his game) Sticker is just a no nonsense grinder as is Choi. Probably jinxed them but hope all three B flight guys continue with solid rounds.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I'm doing ok with my picks

I asked this of Ben when he followed a group at the Buick Open and want to ask you, too. Watching these guys in person, what impresses you the most?

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

did ahyone hear a spectator laugh when Phil lipped out for birdie on 18?..i thought that was bad...

Stuff like this keeps happening at PGA Events. It's a gentleman's game. You're not sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley Field or the upper deck at Yankee Stadium. Last week, it was someone wishing Vijay put a ball in the water.

Fans need to know their place. Between these types of comments, "Get in the hole", "You're the man" and "Let him in", it just needs to stop. Nothing is more annoying.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Note: This thread is 5889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!