IGNORED

Back to the Interlock

Esox
Note: This thread is 1211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I was younger and swung like a crazed ape I used the interlocking grip. Somewhere in my late 20's I went to the Vardon grip, it made it easier for me to work the ball. Fast forward 30 years...... I had a case of the snap hooks for months. Out of desperation and fiddling around at the range I tried the interlock. Immediately I was consistently hitting the ball where I wanted it to go. Can't make any sense of why but it worked. Any idea of why it fixed it?

Hmmm...this sounds similar to my story. For a long time, I used a grip that was sort of a cross between a baseball grip and the Vardon grip, but then my golf coach said about two years ago that I should change it and he let me pick between overlap and interlock: I chose interlock.

Almost immediately, I saw improvement. With my old grip, I would hit one shot fat, then thin, then top, solid, fat again, shank. With the interlock, I saw consistency: solid, solid, solid, solid, fat, solid, solid, solid, etc. And I was also hitting them straighter. I also switched my brother over to the interlock about a month ago, and he became more consistent as well.

I found out that by switching to the interlock, and this goes for you too, my hands performed as one unit, and results showed more consistency, but with my old grip, it was like my hands were separated, and therefore there was a lot of inconsistency.

Hope this helps!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Esox said:

When I was younger and swung like a crazed ape I used the interlocking grip. Somewhere in my late 20's I went to the Vardon grip, it made it easier for me to work the ball. Fast forward 30 years...... I had a case of the snap hooks for months. Out of desperation and fiddling around at the range I tried the interlock. Immediately I was consistently hitting the ball where I wanted it to go. Can't make any sense of why but it worked. Any idea of why it fixed it?

Was this one range session? Often making a change can create the all deceptive ‘eureka’ moment. These moments are created by the Golf Gods, in particular, ‘Eurekius.’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, Esox said:

Any idea of why it fixed it?

Maybe switching grips kind of gave you a mental reset to find an old motor pattern.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Was this one range session? Often making a change can create the all deceptive ‘eureka’ moment. These moments are created by the Golf Gods, in particular, ‘Eurekius.’

With respect to trying new golf grips always trust, but verify.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!