IGNORED

Worst conditions you've played in?

slinkee
Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today was pretty brutal. The wind was about 35-40MPH in all sorts of direction. An idea of what happened.

430 Yard Par 4. Hit my driver about 320. The wind easily took that ball about 65 yards. Not an exaggeration.

I also crushed a 1H, 16*, that went about 160 yards and needed a 7I from 95 yards on the 18th hole. It was pretty bad but all in all, a great day.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35-40 mph winds in NY??? That's pretty rare isn't it?

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Id have to say for me, 40 km Winds, and it was raining soo hard it hurt when it hit you. I got cold after 3 holes but kept going. Occasionally id have to go get my golf club after it slipped outta my hand after my shot.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I finally got a chance to play a private club in my area. The Day started out not to bad, it was cold, but we've all played in cold weather. Then it started to rain, hard and the win picked up, man it was nasty but we stuck it out

Ft-i 10dg
200 steel 3 wood 15dg, 22dg rescue dual
edge cft 19dg hybrid
G2 (4-pw)
spin milled 52,58dg (oil can)white hot tour #2hawk

35-40 mph winds in NY??? That's pretty rare isn't it?

Up in Northern Westchester, it tends to happen in early Spring. The city never sees anything like this unless it's in the dead of winter.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Don't really think of it as the worst conditions because it was lots of fun to play in it. In the Northwest we get lots of down pours. This day was my friends birthday, and on his B-day we always play a round of golf. He lives in Oregon and on this day it was Hurricane like winds, poured rain so hard it hurt my head and taking divots hit you in the face on head winds. We were so muddy, cold and wet you had to appreciate the time we spent on the course. We were the only nuts out there hitting a muddy ball.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

I live in new hampshire and playing in the cold is the worst conditions i've played. you get down in the 30 degree range and it's nasty. Hitting an iron makes your hands want to fall off. balls bounce off the greens / can't find the ball in the leaves. what a game. you gotta love it!

Driver: G2 Aldila 65s
3-wood: G5 fujikura vista pro 70 s
16* G5 hybrid TFC 100 shaft s
irons: 3-SW Ping G2 CS Lite s LW: ping eye 2Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5

• Administrator
I played on the seaside course at the New Jersey course where an LPGA event is staged just about every year. Safeway? I forget and I'm too lazy right now to look it up.

Anyway, it was windy. Downwind vs. upwind mattered a ton.

I nutted - absolutely nutted - a 5-iron right into the wind. I was just over 100 yards from the flag.

My first putt was about 40 feet. Yeah, I was about 15 yards short of the pin. I think the ball was moving backwards by the time it came down.

Oh, and it rained off and on too. Had a blast. Shot fairly well too, considering.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

55*-ish with a 3 club wind. BURRRRRR!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Hard to say, but today has to be in the top 10. They've were predicting rain today through the end of this week but when I got up this morning it was beautiful outside. Temp was in the low 30s but it was forecast to warm into the 50s by afternoon so I talked a friend into meeting me at the course at 9:30. By the time we teed off the wind had picked up and it was miserable. The longer we played, the worse it got. By the time we got to 17 it was starting to sprinkle a mix of rain and freezing rain and the wind was still gusting like crazy. He said the next time I told him it was a beautiful day he's going to turn on the weather channel. It is now 10:55 P.M. and my fingers are still tingling. But you know what? We had a blast! I learned a lot too. I've been playing 20 years and today was the first time I've played with that particular partner. He's a great golfer who's been playing over 50 years. On the first tee I asked him to feel free to give me pointers, which he did. I made some real breakthroughs today, thanks to him.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

What's the worst weather conditions you've ever golfed in. You know, when it's just absolutely horrid outside but you have that burning desire to just get out there and golf.

i played one day at it was partly cloudy, horrible! man, san diego has the worst weather!

sorry guys, just had too.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

• 4 weeks later...
It was pissing rain and about 35 degrees but it was a blast I went through the 3 jackets I had in my bag and bought another one in the pro shop, but we finished all 18 and had a fun day, and a fun car ride home...

And this is in southern california, so we dont get weather like the rest of you. 35 degrees is freezing cold!
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

Playing in the rain is fun, but cold relentless wind is terrible. Teed off with a steady driving wind, and it never let up, gradually by the back 9 it started to have it's effects. By the 16th hole as a shot was pushed OB I was ready to walk off the course. Walking off of 18 I was ready to quit golf. I had lost all capacity to play and didn't even care, just wanted to get out of that wind at all costs.

The group behind us came in, a guy was in shorts and short sleeve polo shirt, was laughing . . . couldn't believe it, just goes to show there's a lot of different types in the world.

Gusts of wind are fine, but a steady 30mph that never lets up is the worst.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Snowing, bit of wind, the snow was building up on shoes so you ended up walking like you were on ill-fitting stilts. I was on the 14th and leading the competition at only one-over - when they called it off.
But the worst has to be just recently. Wind, driving freezing rain - I'd gone through three gloves by the 7th, which was played straight into it. Took driver, five-wood, driver and utility to get on the green - which was pretty good; I'd expected to take five to get there.
By the end, I'd gone through 10 gloves and was soaked to the skin - went home for an early bath, didn't even stay for a drink. Came third out of 20-odd finishers (over 60 starters). Even got a two-spot, which got me more loot than the winner! Does that make it worth it?

I once played when there was a giant turtle following me around for 18 holes..... this may not be related but it was pretty rattling

bandon dunes, Oregon. One of the best courses, but the worst weather.

We started and the wind was blowing 30+, and raining so hard, sideways rain. After our round, they said that it was raining 3 inches every 15 minutes. It would stop for 10 minutes, then it would hail so hard, the ground would be white. I was holding my bag over my head to keep from getting hit by the hail. It did this over and over allllllll day.

You could hit your ball down the fairway, well the river that was running down the fairway would take your ball with it and you would have to follow it to find your ball. The wind was blowing so hard you would line up to put it, and the ball would move a foot, then line up move again, it was like putting blind.

That was miserable. And $120 down the drain with that round.

I once played when there was a giant turtle following me around for 18 holes..... this may not be related but it was pretty rattling

THAT is funny. Sounds like you need to speed up your pace of play.

Went off the first tee when it was less than 35 degrees, light drizzle, 5 club wind...a well struck 4 iron just made the front of one par 3 green that I normally use a 9 iron to the middle. It never got above 40 degrees that day. Besides that, we ran out of hot coffee & Kahula by the 6th hole.

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!