IGNORED

3-20-08 First day of spring. Anyone going play today?

DirtCheap
Note:Β This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I pick up my new Mizunos today, so I will most assuredly be out at the range hammering away and getting a feel for the new sticks.

Anyone else going to take advantage of the first day of spring?

(or at least thr first weekend of spring?)

On my tombstone: "IfΒ this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Β 

I could only wish man, I live in Canada and its still winter here. Today it is 0 deg, and freezing rain! no good for golf

I got new grips on my irons, and I have been weight training/stretching regularly. So when the season is upon us i will be good to go!

Nope. Not Yet.
So close but yet so far away here in Wisconsin/Minnesota. We are supposed to get another fricking snow storm tonight and tomorrow. I am so done with winter.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I might. But the mud's so bad right now it'd put the Raspuitsa to shame.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I just got new Minzuno's as well (MP-60's), and haven't had a chance to play an actual round with them yet. Will be going out tonight to a par three course to test them out. Then, on Saturday, will be heading over to a real course :P

Today's High: 59*
Saturday: 64*
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

It's sunny and nearly 60 here today, but with the rain the past few days, I don't know. I might just check the range out today just to get loosened up.

I pick up my new Mizunos today, so I will most assuredly be out at the range hammering away and getting a feel for the new sticks.

I played yesterday. I need to put a delay in the Mizunos, largely because I have a paper deadline sooner than I thought. I'm going to, not by choice, follow an odd tradition this year: playing very very regularly, once the Masters is over.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I have to it is 60 something and finally shorts weather. Also I have a Scramble Sat. so I need to make sure everything is working ok.

Home course: www.tupelocountryclub.org

Its now 2:00 PM and I have already played today. Lots of standing water on my home course today and I just treated it like playing a strange new course with water hazards on nearly all holes. Plugged a few and had to play "clean and place" on every shot.

Now at work - ha!

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

Tomorrow...links style. It is starting to get hot here (80s) and as we get out of March rates go down. I can't wait. The only trade off is that it will get hotter...it still beats snow.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100Β 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S |Β Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro PlusΒ Β 

Not till Monday. Too much March Madness baby!
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

I played, today. The courses near me opened for the season. Wind was brutal but I'm not going to complain. Just happy to be out playing my favorite course.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Β 

Ball-White and Round

Β 

Screw Minnesota and our 10,000 lakes...
Whats in my bag:
Driver: R7 Superquad 10.5 Stiff Stock
Wood: R7 3 wood Stiff Stock, r7 5 wood Stiff Stock
Irons: Command BK 3-PW Stiff TT Black Gold Shafts
Wedges: 52, 56, 60Putter: Dual Force Rossie II or White Hot XG #9 (Haven't had a chance to use both yet.)

not until the SNOW IS GONE!!!! why couldn't i live in a warm place south of where the snow is on the ground for OVER 115 DAYS IN ROW!!! but when the zombies attack, thats good for me cuz they freeze!

i'm going a little crazy from lack of golf

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

well here's my forecast...

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
LATE FRIDAY NIGHT...

LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE OUT OF THE CENTRAL PLAINS ON FRIDAY AND
MOVE THROUGH SOUTHERN OHIO FRIDAY NIGHT. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 7 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE OVER NORTHWEST OHIO AS THE LOW MOVES THROUGH. SNOW SHOULD BEGIN TO FALL IN NORTHWEST FRIDAY AFTERNOON. THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF TOWARD SATURDAY MORNING AS THE LOW MOVES OFF TO THE EAST.

But I have played 10 rounds this year thanks to vacation and two warm days back in January.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5Β° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14Β° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18Β°) & 3h(20Β°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52Β°-10Β° & 58Β°-10Β°; Odyssey...

also, the snow is ALMOST gone and over the weekend we are expecting 5-9 more inches.......KABOOM

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Its absolutley beautiful outside right now, went to the range though.

Oh yea, 55 Degrees and not a cloud in the sky with a slight breeze from the south. ( Almost Perfect )

Not quite ready to hit the course, still adjusting to the new clubs.

In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

Note:Β This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!