IGNORED

Adam Scott Has Tiger's Swing, Now Putting Routine?

The Gill
Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They've been comparing Scott's swing to Tiger's, but I noticed that Adam Scott is borrowing Tiger's putting routine. Gather the read from behind the ball, two short practice strokes, ground the putter, look at hole twice, bang.

Who am I to throw stones, maybe Scott came up with it first. Or maybe it's a Harmon thing. Seems to be working well at this year's CA.

-PG

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

Tiger didn't patent his swing or putting style. If I was a professional golfer, I'd be taking as much from Tiger as possible. It seems to be working ok for Mr. Woods anyway.

As for Scott, he is a very solid golfer, but he still hasn't lived up to the potential. Hopefully he can keep up the good play this week at Doral.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seems like a pretty good putting routine to mimic. I know I am trying my darndest to get a putting stroke like Tiger. If there is one thing us mere mortals can actually take and use like Tiger does it would be his putting routine. His swing...forget about it! No seriously, forget about it.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Tiger didn't patent his swing or putting style. If I was a professional golfer, I'd be taking as much from Tiger as possible. It seems to be working ok for Mr. Woods anyway.

Second that. He still has to execute and Scott for whatever reasons seems to have mental lapses every so often.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I didn't say he invented anything. Routines are personal. The only thing a routine does for you is settle your body and mind. If you *think* copying a routine will help you putt better, it *will* help you putt better.

The comment was more to see if anyone knew what Tiger's routine was before Butch Harmon. I was wondering if it's a common routine that Butch or someone else teaches...

I didn't say he invented anything. Routines are personal. The only thing a routine does for you is settle your body and mind. If you

Most of golf is mental. You could probably make the same argument for balls. Every premium ball on the market is so similar in performance it really comes down to what you are most confident in hitting.

I'm not sure if they putting routine is a Butch Harmon thing, but I see Tiger do one thing that Scott doesn't. When Tiger has a lengthy putt (18+ feet), I see him split the distance to the hole and line his putter up at the halfway mark to gauge what the ball will do on the 2nd half of the putt. He has a very good pre-putt routine. It's not focused too much on one part of the preparation. I would steal it too.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

Yeah I noticed that part too. That's kinda how I putt too. Find a point near the apex and imagine the speed and direction as it rolls the rest the way. It sure has helped since I started.

Adam Scott copies a lot from tiger...the fist pump--the putting routine--the swing and he even has a swedish supermodel girlfriend--i mean come on adam be yourself!!!

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I agree with you.

Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

He can steal his swing, his putting stroke, even his actual golf clubs, but he will never be able to steal Tiger's mental makeup.

You have to think that Tiger is getting annoyed by Adam Scott's utter duplications of whatever he does.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Do you honestly think that Tiger Woods gives a rat's ass about what Adam Scott does? Honestly?? Can we get this guy some more negative reputation points please??

Tiger Woods is the most dominant player in the world, bar none. His mental game is what sets him apart from everyone else. You get to be that good by practicing and working on your mental game, not by worrying about what everyone else is doing.

isn't imitation the best form of flattery? I doubt Tiger would be miffed by it...

• Administrator
They've been comparing Scott's swing to Tiger's, but I noticed that Adam Scott is borrowing Tiger's putting routine. Gather the read from behind the ball, two short practice strokes, ground the putter, look at hole twice, bang.

That's not that unique.

You have to think that Tiger is getting annoyed by Adam Scott's utter duplications of whatever he does.

I don't think Adam's copied anything Tiger's done, really. He's got a similar swing, but he's still with Butch Harmon, and his swing is less like Tiger's now than it used to be when Tiger was with Harmon as well.

His putting routine? C'mon. My putting routine is kind of like Tiger's and has been "mine" for a heck of a long time. And like others have said, I doubt Tiger cares one bit what someone else is doing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's not that unique.

Good Point--do you think the same instructor has a set swing for their pupils regardless of their original swing? I forgot about Butch Harmon being their mentor

Good Point--do you think the same instructor has a set swing for their pupils regardless of their original swing? I forgot about Butch Harmon being their mentor

No way. Thats the thing about being a world class instructor. They are able to correct the things wrong with any swing. Now if it was someone just starting golf, I am sure they would have their own vision.

• Administrator

No - Butch also coaches Natalie Gulbis. And other people whose swings look nothing like Adam's or Tiger's 2000 swing.

Adam and Tiger were simply similar enough that their swings resembled each other for a time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Adam Scott copies a lot from tiger...the fist pump--the putting routine--the swing and he even has a swedish supermodel girlfriend--i mean come on adam be yourself!!!

lol. Hey, it seems to be working for him, so...

Note: This thread is 5871 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!