IGNORED

My Favourite Tipple!

JuliWooli
Note: This thread is 1124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not to put too fine a point on it but my favorite happens to be whichever one's in my hand at the time. My least favorite happens not too much after that one...

Talking about vodka...

My favourite cocktail...

An Espresso Martini

1537159434_Espressomartini.jpg.c9c1d467359fb4daf9459bf173633af4.jpg

1floz Vodka

1/2floz Coffee Licqueur (Kahlua or Tia Maria)

1floz Espresso

Shake vigorously with three ice cubes to get the foam

3 coffee beans on the top.

Yummy!

It wakes you up and f***s you up at the same time.

I'm trying to find the right scotch with the right blend of smooth and smoky. So far Laphroaig is my favorite but I would like just a tad more smokiness. The last bottle I bought was Ardbeg - too smoky for my tastes.

25 minutes ago, gbogey said:

I'm trying to find the right scotch with the right blend of smooth and smoky. So far Laphroaig is my favorite but I would like just a tad more smokiness. The last bottle I bought was Ardbeg - too smoky for my tastes.

Is it Laphroaigh Quarter Cask that you have because it has more smokiness and oakiness than the 10 y.o. for example.

Talisker Storm would be the smokiest of the Skye whiskies (affordable price). With its notes of Chili pepper and seasalt

166161837_IslandTaliskerStorm.thumb.jpg.a245cf05eb62fd90dc9589dec63813ac.jpg

I would expect your whisky would certainly come from the Islands.

I love Ardbeg 10 y.o., with its vanilla and lime and lemon notes backed up by the strong bourbon oak taste. Its my brothers favourite.

Suggestion...

add a dash of water, a thimble full, and swish it for at least 10 seconds until the notes come through.

470273684_IslandArdbeg.thumb.jpg.f6183226b8bb5536914995e18c302f18.jpg

Edited by JuliWooli

I read an article recently on the production of a Jack Daniels No. 7

They take a rather large amount of Scottish grain whiskey and get dogs to drink it. They wait for the dogs to relieve themselves and boom...

Jack Daniels No. 7

I believe they use a similar method for American beers!

On 2/23/2021 at 8:21 AM, JuliWooli said:

Bourbon? When you have been brought up on Scotch, where's the need?

I've switched back-and-forth over the years.  Used to be Bourbon for me.  Then Scotch.  Now I'm back to Bourbon.  Or Rye.  One of my favorites is a locally-distilled Rye.  They also make my favorite Bourbon.

But, since it used to be Scotch, I've a lot of Scotch on-hand, so I sometimes still drink Scotch.

I've a fifth of Laphroaigh Quarter Cask.  I like it, but not all the time.  My favorite Scotches are The Balvenie Doublewood, Highland Park, and The Dalmore. 

Damn, now I feel like enjoying some Scotch, but I've three days remaining in Alcohol-Free February.

30 minutes ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

The Dalmore. 

Damn, now I feel like enjoying some Scotch, but I've three days remaining in Alcohol-Free February.

I not so familiar with The Balvenie or Highland Park although I have certainly sampled them. Either they weren't my bag or somehow I've missed a trick.

But, 'The Dalmore'...

975271735_HighlandDalmore.thumb.jpg.cc3254b0939c1fbeab57c46ac622a6cc.jpg

A great whisky for the in-betweener. I would start a newbie on Glenmorangie or Singleton of Dufftown and then introduce more bodied Highlands like The Dalmore and then throw in real men's whiskies from the Islands.

@SEMI_Duffer you can do it! :dance:

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Laphroaig, from a flask!  On the course, chilly wind blowing.

I've been spelling my favourite whisky wrong for all these years. I am ashamed. At least I've been saying it correctly. Please forgive me. Its nice to be brought down to earth. I'm glad I refrained from correcting everyone's proper spelling.

I really thought, "Why are these stupid people leaving out the 'h' at the end?

Who's the dummy! :doh:

@Double Mocha Man  Lecker!

Just now, JuliWooli said:

I've been spelling my favourite whisky wrong for all these years. I am ashamed. At least I've been saying it correctly. Please forgive me. Its nice to be brought down to earth. I'm glad I refrained from correcting everyone's proper spelling.

I really thought, "Why are these stupid people leaving out the 'h' at the end?

Who's the dummy! :doh:

@Double Mocha Man  Lecker!

No worries.  I had to go look at the bottle to make sure of the spelling.

On 2/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, Zippo said:

Not to put too fine a point on it but my favorite happens to be whichever one's in my hand at the time. My least favorite happens not too much after that one...

Although not as classically defined as your favorite, mine is completely related to what is Free (offered), versus what I am paying for.  Regardless, still a fan of single malt scotch (used to LOVE Glenfiddich Scotch in the 80's) and Jameson Irish Whiskey (the Horror!) since the 90's.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:27 PM, JuliWooli said:

I read an article recently on the production of a Jack Daniels No. 7

They take a rather large amount of Scottish grain whiskey and get dogs to drink it. They wait for the dogs to relieve themselves and boom...

Jack Daniels No. 7

I believe they use a similar method for American beers!

Are you trying to be an A-hole, or are you just ignorant?  I usually ask "Are you  ignorant or stupid", but your other forums reveal a passive aggressive angle, so I'm assuming that you are not stupid (my bad if I misjudged). 

I could make a similar classless joke about Bavarian products, but alas, no one gives a rats arse about those products!!!  (And are there any products that anyone would ever care about???)

Note: This thread is 1124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!