IGNORED

How do you cope with slow play?

kekoa
Note: This thread is 5895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You know I just plan on a round taking me half a day and I enjoy it. I like to play at a fast pace, but unfortunately, more often then not, there are slower people in front of me.

Have a drink, light a good smoke and take a deep breath...that's my theory.

i dont think ive never played a 5-hour round.

i would lose my mind if it ticked-over 5 hours!
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Good too see you can take a joke

I agree

1. My was spelt correctly, congratulations.

Awesome! Thank you!

2. Parents are not really fussed, take me

That's good! Good that they support but not push.

3. I think you saw where I was coming from, golf was never meant to be a quick game and regardless of the speed of play, every golfer has the right to be on the course, so let them enjoy themselves and learn to deal with their pace of play.

Right on!

4. If you choose not to rise above slow play, you choose

This has reminded me of the guys that I and a few friends sometimes, but rarely, end up playing with gets so frustrated with slow play that he'll walk off the course. That's how he handles it (he doesn't) and that's fine. But he doesn't play the game for the wrong reasons. We aren't going to miss him and we typically get upwards of 45+ holes in.

BTW - you used "too" wrong. Those should both be "to". Highlighted above. lol

Well, if 90% of all golfers can't break 100, then that means that the slow ones represent most of that group. So I revel in being in the 10% elite and see how many bounces I can get off my wedge....

A high score doesn't mean you're slow. I once shot a 158 in under 4 hours.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A high score doesn't mean you're slow. I once shot a 158 in under 4 hours.

i consistently hit between 105+115 and always finish in a time frame of 3:30-3:45 depending on the groups in front of me

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi I am new to this forum. I am surprised about one thing I see that really slows play up at golf courses. Playing from the wrong tee box. More then too many practice swings or groups who putt like it's the master's championship on the line. In fact this really annoys me but alas we all have to deal with it and not let it mess our own games up. I have been playing about a year and a half and I shoot in the high 80's and can drive the ball in the fairway a good length. but thats now. When I started - I shot in the 100's and sprayed my drives - and I played from the white tee's always -and even got flack for it. Now I play from the blues to challenge myself. I always see people who are playing from the back tees and spraying the ball everywhere but in the short grass and also only hitting the ball 200 yards at best - this annoys me cuz it seems to be just seems stupid and only makes it harder on them and the result is slow play for everyone. maybe I am looking at this the wrong way but thats how it seems to me .

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

I try to avoid peak "slow" times...but in the case that I cannot avoid that, I will play at a place that has a good ranger program.

Yesterday I played in the afternoon grouping and saw that we were like the seventh foursome. I asked if they would immediately put our group on the clock knowing that it would really put the attention on the groups in front of us. I don't know if it worked, but we played in four hours.

The other key for me is to play in a foursome. There is nothing worse than being a two in the middle of the fours. I don't know how long I could take that without skipping around the course.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 5895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!