IGNORED

American Made Shafts, Irons, Etc?

Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First off, glad to have finally joined the forum! Love the advice and tips I get from here.

As a Veteran, I try really hard to support American made products. Golf seems to be very difficult to find anything made in the USA. Does anyone know of any shafts (driver specifically), or irons that are currently made in the USA?

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Hemsky8321 said:

First off, glad to have finally joined the forum! Love the advice and tips I get from here.

As a Veteran, I try really hard to support American made products. Golf seems to be very difficult to find anything made in the USA. Does anyone know of any shafts (driver specifically), or irons that are currently made in the USA?

Thanks!

True Temper Shafts are made in MS. They also make Project X steel shafts. Other references state that the graphite shafts are made in San Diego. I use PX LZ in my irons and Hzrdus Black Smoke in my woods and hybrids.

Every True Temper steel golf shaft is made in the U.S.A. and manufactured in Amory, MS. True Temper golf shafts are in the bags of more players on the PGA, Korn Ferry, Champions, European and Japan Tour than all other shaft brands combined.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Penley shafts are an American Company in San Diego.
Penley Shafts were popular for Long Drive Competitors in the 90's
Not sure if they still have the same popularity today, but they are very good shafts for drivers and irons.

Club Champion, a club fitting company that also creates customize golf clubs made in the USA.

Titleist is an all-American brand that manufactures equipment and apparel in the United States.

And of course Ping, they manufacture everything in Phoenix...

• Thumbs Up 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Titleist is an all-American brand that manufactures equipment and apparel in the United States.

That is very misleading about Acushnet (FJ, Titleist) 

Pretty much all heads, including those of Titleist are manufactured in China.They ASSEMBLE them in the U.S.A. 

Footjoy  shoes are all made in China

Footjoy clothing is mostly made in China

Titleist balls are made in the U.S.A.

And of course Ping, they manufacture everything in Phoenix...

Again - incorrect. they ASSEMBLE clubs in Phoenix - with great care and precision, of course. Ping components are manufactured in China.

Every True Temper steel golf shaft is made in the U.S.A

Again - not true. True Temper have been making many of its shafts in China for over decade.

Edited by Shorty
  • Informative 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

16 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Every True Temper steel golf shaft is made in the U.S.A

Again - not true. True Temper have been making many of its shafts in China for over decade.

Not per their website. I’m sure their competitors would jump on this claim.

True_Temper_share.jpg

True Temper designs and manufactures the best golf shafts in the world and is trusted by more professional golfers than all other shaft companies combined—making True Temper the #1 shaft in...

Scott

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Not per their website. I’m sure their competitors would jump on this claim.

True_Temper_share.jpg

True Temper designs and manufactures the best golf shafts in the world and is trusted by more professional golfers than all other shaft companies combined—making True Temper the #1 shaft in...

SportsOneSource_Logomark_notype_250sq.jp

True Temper Sports, Inc. opened its newest golf shaft manufacturing operation located just outside of Shanghai in Suzhou, China. The metals forming facility, which has been under construction for the past two...

2 minutes ago, Shorty said:
SportsOneSource_Logomark_notype_250sq.jp

True Temper Sports, Inc. opened its newest golf shaft manufacturing operation located just outside of Shanghai in Suzhou, China. The metals forming facility, which has been under construction for the past two...

They may make shafts there, but that article is from 2008, 13 years ago. Their website for TT shafts is current. They do have other shaft lines other that TT.

Scott

My Swing Thread

15 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

They may make shafts there, but that article is from 2008, 13 years ago. Their website for TT shafts is current. They do have other shaft lines other that TT.

That's right - and even their famous  Project X "handcrafted" line is made in China. It's not a criticism.

But they are obviously changing locations!

Their STEEL shafts are now all made in the U.S.A. - not graphite ones. Like Project X HZRDS or Grafalloy. :-)

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 5.57.18 am.png

Edited by Shorty

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

That's right - and even their famous  Project X "handcrafted" line is made in China. It's not a criticism.

Where is your evidence for this? 

All that link you posted just said they opened up a plant. It could be they had an opportunity to have a plant open in China to support the growth of golf in the area. They could make shafts both here in the USA and in China. 

Please support your claim that Projext X is made in China. 

Did you miss this article? 

ICYMI: True Temper moving work from China to Amory | Biz Buzz (djournal.com)

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I don’t know what to tell you. We both searched the web and came up with answers. However, if my former company claimed that they manufactured their product in the US and did not, they would be sued by their competitors.

There also may be more that one manufacturing site, one which services Asia and one for North America. My former company manufactures their top line products in three worldwide locations for different markets.  It if you buy in the US, they were made in the US.

Scott

My Swing Thread

7 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Where is your evidence for this? 

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 6.07.33 am.png

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I don’t know what to tell you. We both searched the web and came up with answers. However, if my former company claimed that they manufactured their product in the US and did not, they would be sued by their competitors.

Steel products  - absolutely made in U.S.A. now. Graphite, China.

Edited by Shorty

Just now, Shorty said:

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 6.07.33 am.png

My citation was for steel shafts not graphite.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Correct. The emphasis was on "Steel". 

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I thought steel as well. The project X line was way more known for the iron shafts. To state project X is made in China is misleading if not stating it’s only the graphite shafts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The only graphite PX shafts that were made in the USA were the Hand Crafted HZDRUS line made in San Diego. This is no longer the case. All PX graphite are made in China. I am guessing they also make all the steel True Temper lines in a China factory for Asian distribution.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!