IGNORED

Best golf ball....UMM???

Note: This thread is 5769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which is the best....??

• Titleist ProV1
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Nike ONE Platinum
    • Callaway Tour Xi
    • other...please explain!

I'm surprised at the lack of votes for the new Callaway ball. I haven't hit it yet but I've heard nothing but good things.

Why no love for Nike? I've been hitting the Platinums for a little while now and love them. They have the perfect amount of spin and a great feel coming off the club. The Pro V1's spin a bit too much for my liking and their durability just isn't there. I'm a 15 handicap so I will sacrifice a bit of performance for the extra life span.

I'm starting to think that people are just automatically turned off to Nike products because they use the most well-known golfer to market the hell out of their stuff. I think some people just see that as a way to generate sales, but Tiger plays a big part in the development of their products. He tests them, gives input and really takes a hands-on approach to make Nike's products the best that they can be.

In My Bag:

Driver: R7 460
5w: Bah!
3w: F Speed LDHybrid: CPR3 3iIrons: Acer XK High Trajectory 4-PWWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52* 54* 60*Putter: Daytona CGBBall: One Platinum Tour ix

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always been a Pro-V player, but since playing the new Callaway tour ix, man those are great balls. Suprising distance for how much spin i get around the greens. Great spin, good distance, and they are fairly durable as well. I dont like to spend 45 bucks on the expensive balls, but when i do, i want them to last, and the Pro-V1 and Pro-V1x tend to get beat up a little quicker IMO then the new cally ball.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I'm surprised at the lack of votes for the new Callaway ball. I haven't hit it yet but I've heard nothing but good things.

Im with you on that one--but im more surprised the Bridgestone B330 doesnt have more votes...Its the diamond in the rough ball that nobody really plays...i would put it on the same level as a Pro-V1--and it is more durable!!!

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Im with you on that one--but im more surprised the Bridgestone B330 doesnt have more votes...Its the diamond in the rough ball that nobody really plays...i would put it on the same level as a Pro-V1--and it is more durable!!!

All of the Bridgestone balls are great, it is a shame they don't get much thought.

thats pretty cool, a friend of mine told me the bridgestone balls were great and it seems like they might be...

i'll need to try them.

In my Xtreme II carry bag:

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood
Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 3i CG Gold Graphite Irons (4-PW) 52* CG14 wedge Vokey 56* Sand Wedge Vokey 60* Lob Wedge 33" Newport

i have decided on a ball i like...i was playing yesterday and found a Callaway HX hot, i LOVED it..shot hte best round of my life. It felt good off the driver, good speed on the greens...it was an awesome ball!

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood
Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 3i CG Gold Graphite Irons (4-PW) 52* CG14 wedge Vokey 56* Sand Wedge Vokey 60* Lob Wedge 33" Newport

Tried Srixon ZUR-S balls and they are every bit as good as my former favorite ProV1x. And cheaper.

But all the premium balls now are good, Bridgestone, Nike, Callaway, TaylorMade and of course Titleist. Hard not to like any of them.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

for better players its the prov1/v1x. the fact that it is the most widely played ball on tour is no accident

In my x78 stand bag
Driver Tour Burner 9.5 REAX stiff
3 Wood 906F4 15.5 Aldila VS Proto stiff
Hybrid IDEA Pro Gold Matrix Ozik stiff
Irons AP1 4-W DG S300Wedges Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54, V-Foil Tour 60Putter Red X 35"Ball ProV1

so i've been using a Nike One Platinum 2008 but the other day, i found a Pro V1X on the course and i was like "what the heck". I tried it and i actually really like the ball. Now, i'm not saying i'm going to switch off of the Nike but we'll see. I just bought a dozen V1X's in high #'s and marked them with my signature "tit" in "titleist" highlighted. i'm going to the four seasons in punta mita and will be playing the nicklaus course there for a week so i'll see how the ball responds in real golf conditions.

with a 25 handicap, possibly a golf ball is too small of a target and maybe you want to switch to a tennis ball

DO you recommend this because it is something you have tried? LOL

thats a funny comment and wasn't needed, plz respond if you have REAL input, i'm tired of ppl pulling this stunt and giving someone, a new member, a hard time.. may not be a pro tour golfer but give me some credit for trying to learn to play better... i dont know if i'm a 25 handicap, i just guessed...i will be getting a real handicap here soon..have to play a few more rounds in order for it to be accurate Gangreen, you have a tennis ball i could borrow?? ..don't be a jerk man, keep your "Amazing" golf skills to yourself plz

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood

The best ball is the ball that fits your swing. I recommend that everyone meets up with a qualified pro and launch monitor to see which ball will help you the most. A great swing with a poor smash factor and spin rate is a recipe for frustration.

Tom

I chose the V1 but I play the X. I get the advantages off the tee and find that the V1 spins a bit too much for my liking. If it's a calm day, I'll play the B330s.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

with a 25 handicap, possibly a golf ball is too small of a target and maybe you want to switch to a tennis ball

sound advice. I used a Penn Championship to win a game of skins last weekend. Easily to find on the course.

sound advice. I used a Penn Championship to win a game of skins last weekend. Easily to find on the course.

LOL! thats funny

Mizuno Driver
MacGregor 3Wood

Ive tried all the big names and would rank them as follows

Prov1 or 1x
Nike Platinum
Callaway HX Tour 56 (havent played the i's yet)
Bridgestone B330S (sort of clunky around the green imho)

Probably the Platinum and 1x being a dead heat for my game. I think the V1 is my favorite around the green.

I buy all my V1x's as X Outs at 26 a dozen, so I play them the most, so I'm obviously partial. I live on a semi private course and find a lot of upper end balls like the ones above, and have no problem using them of course.

I was impressed with the Bridgestone E5

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I was impressed with the Bridgestone E5

yeah, i was also suprised at how good these are.

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

DO you recommend this because it is something you have tried? LOL

actually some neighborhoods kids, 10 years, come to my driving range net and they have more fun getting started hitting some tennis balls as the target is bigger, sorry for my funny offending a few here, sometimes i forget how really important it is to be serious all the time about this game

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Today the wind was blowing around 20 mph and I tried the Wilson Zip.

I was impressed with the way the ball held its path in the wind. There seemed
to be enough spin around the greens and it feels soft off the putter.

I still do not know about distance since the wind was blowing, but will try it
again on a calm day.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

Note: This thread is 5769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!