IGNORED

Whats your favorite golf slang term or saying..

XSup
Note: This thread is 4013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My fav is "whipped cream on sh!t" - scrambling all over the hole, yet saving par. Or what happened to me last weekend, blading a SW out of the bunker, hitting the lip, and rolling to within 5 feet of the pin.

It was in Tin-Cup...but I had heard it before that movie.

When I played on the golf team in high school we used to quote Tin Cup all the time.

"It's a lock. I hit my 7 like John Daley hits his 3" or "I'm not going left of those trees. I'm not going right of those trees. I'm going over those trees, with a little draw" theres a bunch more.

Driver: Cobra somthin
3 wood: Big Bertha Warbird (yeah its old)
5 wodd: Big Bertha Warbird
Irons: TaylorMade 360 3-PW
SW: Titleist 981SL (54*)LW: Titleist Vokey 58*Putter: Odessey Duel Force 2

when someone pulls the lob wedge, say "look out nostrils!"

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

When you misshit into the trees the ball rattles around and appears in the middle of the fairway.

Thats an OJ Simpson (you got away with it)

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

After leaving a putt really short, "It's really hard to putt when your tampon squirts out during the stroke."

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

do you putt much?

So many shots to choose from! Which do you think was your best?

that's an Adolf Hitler (two shots in the bunker). If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt. ~ Dean Martin Steve Ovett - ugly, but a good runner That's the most enthusiastic fade I've seen for a while. (It's a slice) SLMF - so long mother... (you can get the rest) If you find golf relaxing, you're not doing it right (Bob Hope, I believe). Golf is so popular simply because it's it's the best game in the world to be bad at. (AA Milne, author of Winnie the Pooh) And a personal favorite... That's the best three-putt I've ever seen. (When just starting, nearly 5 years ago - I topped the drive, thinned my second and sank a twisty putt I gave up trying to work out the line of and simply hit. It was my second-ever birdie)

A Kate Winslett............A bit fat but not bad

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

A Salman Rushdie ............An impossible read

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*

A J.R. Tolkein--a great read...A Ray Charles--Didnt see the break

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Are you playing army golf?

OR

Is that one of them new army balls?

LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I've used this one more times than I care to remember after putts:
"Thurmon Munson"- a dead yank

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

A Leon Lett---you ran your putt the wrong way

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

A Leon Lett---you ran your putt the wrong way

That was Jim Marshall, Leon Lett was the one who had the ball swatted out of his hands at the goal line after returning a fumble 90 or so yards in the Super Bowl.

Great thread guys!! Let's here more!! Some of my favs are... "Putt like a kid" and "N.A.T.O." (Not Attached To Outcome)
"Hey did you know there building a Walmart out here?" "Really, where are they gonna put it?" "In between your ball and mine."

If I'm not mistaken, Tiger has used this line before. He was playing a casual round, maybe with Michael Jordan or Charles Barkley, again I'm not 100%.

"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

"im gonna start calling you the CHEF--You're slicing everything today"

Please tell me that you are making these up and that you have never actually used them before.

In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

" Next time, use your turn signal" - big slice or hook

Kinda lame, but gets a laugh or two. I dont know what I like better, playing golf or talking smack...

When you walk up to a ball, and its behind yours, yell ..........
"Oh....I must be in the front row..." old Bob Yuker beer commercial.

There is going to be a load of smarta$$ comments THIS weekend!!

In my bag:

360 10.5 44.5 Prolaunch
300 Tour 15 EI-70
V-Steel 21 (POS!, bye bye) TA-7 Tour 4-PW 56 & 60 588's Anser 2 Laddie (Why??)Mini bottles of Jim Beam...Oops.

If I'm not mistaken, Tiger has used this line before. He was playing a casual round, maybe with Michael Jordan or Charles Barkley, again I'm not 100%.

yeah, I stole that one from tiger

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Note: This thread is 4013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!