Sign in to follow this  
XSup

Whats your favorite golf slang term or saying..

Note: This thread is 2630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

290 posts / 82104 viewsLast Reply

We've all got them, we've all heard them, what are your favorites??

Mine is:

"She was ugly, but she had big ti---"

Translation:
I just hit one off the hosel that bounced back into the middle of the fairway, or other cruddy swing that ends up with a good result.

We've all got them, we've all heard them, what are your favorites??

Similar to this, a former UK athlete, Sally Gunnell...

After hitting a worm burner, your shot is a Sally Gunnell... Ugly as f*** but runs for miles :D

" You're at Spar ."

The franchise shop Spar ( www.spar.ie ) - has a logo of a tree and their trademark punchline is "Under the tree, At Spar"

We have a Paula Radcliffe/Sallyy Gunnell here in Irerland - a Sonia (O'Sullivan)

There's also a Hitler (two shots in the bunker)

"Well, there's no pictures on scorecards" ...after my friend blades his wedge from 100 into a greenside mound and it jumps left onto the green and proceeds to roll up next to the cup.

"Looks like I got a member's bounce" ...as his tee shot flies out of the right woods after hitting a tree only to land dead center in the fairway.

"swimming" or "that's wet!" are always fun things to hear

"better grab some sunblock for your trip to the beach" ...smart ass remark about my ball landing in the bunker.

USA - U Still Away

my playing partners always say to me -'I dont go that far on holiday!'

others, ....'brakes!', 'go low', 'air mail the green', 'yipper', 'got the whiffs', 'Nigerian Railway' (Non Return), 'Billy the Blade', 'chop it up', 'lets give this some Weetabix', 'get some jizz on this', 'roofed it!'.

I'll try to think of more.

when someone hits a worm burner off the tee

The other side of that one:

Was that your wedge? When they pop up the driver. Another favorite: Was that your Sally Wedge? When my buddy laid up on 170 yard shot because he couldn't carry the water.

Note: This thread is 2630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!