IGNORED

TruSpec Build Out

Note: This thread is 991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All, 

I recently completed a TruSpec custom fit session.  I really liked the clubs and shafts he selected for me.  However, the buildout through TruSpec is basically $100 per club and they claim this will lead to less variability in the club production versus having the manufacturer build out the clubs.  I’m a 23 HCP.  Do you think at my skill level, the price is justified?

thanks!

• Administrator

No. See the Club Champion topic.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That would be great Adam.  I’ve attached the specs.  He sent me more details on each club if you think those would be helpful too.    I feel just having a stiffer shaft helped me a lot.  I was hitting driver with mid 90s club head speed.  Currently hitting big Bertha irons with graphite shafts and xr16 driver.  Have to keep taking lessons to improve on open club face at impact.  Thanks so much.

02F0137C-2846-4218-9392-171FA641A83F.jpeg

C429C986-B8B2-41E9-A907-802EACF65B47.jpeg

• iacas changed the title to TruSpec Build Out
14 hours ago, bonsaiguy32 said:

That would be great Adam.  I’ve attached the specs.  He sent me more details on each club if you think those would be helpful too.    I feel just having a stiffer shaft helped me a lot.  I was hitting driver with mid 90s club head speed.  Currently hitting big Bertha irons with graphite shafts and xr16 driver.  Have to keep taking lessons to improve on open club face at impact.  Thanks so much.

02F0137C-2846-4218-9392-171FA641A83F.jpeg

C429C986-B8B2-41E9-A907-802EACF65B47.jpeg

Can you send me the prices also so I know how to frame my response. Also what weight LZ shaft were you fit into. Don't think I saw that.

6 hours ago, bonsaiguy32 said:

I think it Says LZ 5.5. Thanks again.

A77BAC30-F4A4-48B1-BC7A-A3692FA1D643.jpeg

Okay so starting with the irons. I would never in a million years pay $90 per shaft to have them build these club. Those shafts retail for $45 so there's a bit of a markup. Also they are offered as a free shaft option from Callaway so double down on that no way. The grips they also mark up 50%. 

The driver and fairway shafts are tricky because they are shafts made specifically for True Spec. Guessing they probably didn't disclose that to you. That means the already high shaft margins will be even higher.

The KBS hybrid shafts will retail at $125 I believe.

I would have the manufacturer build everything. If you are really worried about it, you can have them measured out after receiving them to check if the specs are right. In most cases though I doubt you would even notice any slight issues that would in most cases fall within the build tolerances. 

• Like 1

I have never had anything but stock shafts in any club I’ve ever owned. I have been fit for lie and flex, but that’s it. I would go to one of these outfits for a putter fitting, but I really don’t think it’s worth spending close to twice as much for a set of clubs.

Thanks for input guys.  I agree with you Sandy Divot.  I ended up going to a local guy who won golf digest award and doesn’t charge for fitting if u buy the clubs.  He build out pretty similar with stock shafts although he has me in stiff irons 1/2 inch longer( I’m 6’2).  He used some mizumi Device to determine that I need the stiff shaft on irons and I hit them more flush.  

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 7:03 PM, bonsaiguy32 said:

Thanks for input guys.  I agree with you Sandy Divot.  I ended up going to a local guy who won golf digest award and doesn’t charge for fitting if u buy the clubs.  He build out pretty similar with stock shafts although he has me in stiff irons 1/2 inch longer( I’m 6’2).  He used some mizumi Device to determine that I need the stiff shaft on irons and I hit them more flush.  

Mizumi???

Mizuno shaft optimizer?

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!