IGNORED

Unusual Screw-On TT Steel Shaft

rogjack6112
Note: This thread is 872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

It looks like it’s from an early fitting cart or kit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

It looks like it’s from an early fitting cart or kit.

Correct. Here is a Titleist version.

titleist_fittingworks_clubhead_shafts.jpg

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Most driver shafts are interchangeable. I have six or seven that fit my driver.  Sometimes I just swap out shafts for various reasons... always tweaking.  Why doesn't an OEM do this for an entire set of irons?

There's a difference between swapping out a driver shaft and swapping out an entire set of iron shafts. How many people would want to do it? The cost to manufacture something noone wants would be insane. That's what the fitting irons are for -  so you don't have to do that. As an example, buying a driver for a good price on ebay with the wrong shaft, selling the old one and buying a new shaft makes sense financially. Not with a whole set of irons.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Most driver shafts are interchangeable. I have six or seven that fit my driver.  Sometimes I just swap out shafts for various reasons... always tweaking.  Why doesn't an OEM do this for an entire set of irons?

Why would they? Who would want this besides apparently, you? 😃

If you’re going to spend the money to buy a bunch of different shafts and swap them out for whatever reason, why wouldn’t you just get fit properly for the right head and shaft combination in the first place?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

There's a difference between swapping out a driver shaft and swapping out an entire set of iron shafts. How many people would want to do it? The cost to manufacture something noone wants would be insane. That's what the fitting irons are for -  so you don't have to do that. As an example, buying a driver for a good price on ebay with the wrong shaft, selling the old one and buying a new shaft makes sense financially. Not with a whole set of irons.

My bad.  I should have clarified.  You would borrow, rent or buy several shafts for your 7 or 6 iron two/three years after your fitting, when your swing or age has changed.  Then you could find a shaft that works for your irons at that time.  And then dump some money on a full set of shafts... to go with your favorite iron heads that you don't want to give up.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Clarifying the clarification.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

My bad.  I should have clarified.  You would borrow, rent or buy several shafts for your 7 or 6 iron two/three years after your fitting, when your swing or age has changed.  Then you could find a shaft that works for your irons at that time.  And then dump some money on a full set of shafts... to go with your favorite iron heads that you don't want to give up.

Among the reasons why that would be stupid, includes the extra weight they'd have to put in the heel/hosel/ferrule (and the lack of any kind of ferrules) which would compromise the design of the clubhead.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Among the reasons why that would be stupid, includes the extra weight they'd have to put in the heel/hosel/ferrule (and the lack of any kind of ferrules) which would compromise the design of the clubhead.

Erik, I always appreciate being called stupid.  It's the Christmas season, you could be kinder.

So when you get a fitting... are those clubs in which they change the shaft heavier in the heel/hosel/ferrule?  Then what good is that kind of fitting if your ordered clubs are going to be lighter?  I did a fitting a couple weeks ago and I assumed the weight of the club was the same (as the ones I would buy), even with interchangeable shafts.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Erik, I always appreciate being called stupid.  It's the Christmas season, you could be kinder.

I didn't call you stupid, I called the idea ("that") stupid.

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

So when you get a fitting... are those clubs in which they change the shaft heavier in the heel/hosel/ferrule?

Generally, yep.

Some make some small adjustments for the fitting club because they don't have to last several years to balance them out a bit. Some don't do much except add the adapter sleeve. Some fitters will keep the swing weight the same but the static weight will be a bit higher.

But often, simply, what you are fit with isn't what you end up playing exactly. Same shaft(s), same length, same lofts, same lie angles, but the swing weight might be off slightly, or the static weight… etc.

• iacas changed the title to Unusual Screw-On TT Steel Shaft
8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Some make some small adjustments for the fitting club because they don't have to last several years to balance them out a bit. Some don't do much except add the adapter sleeve. Some fitters will keep the swing weight the same but the static weight will be a bit higher.

But often, simply, what you are fit with isn't what you end up playing exactly. Same shaft(s), same length, same lofts, same lie angles, but the swing weight might be off slightly, or the static weight… etc.

Thank you.

Note: This thread is 872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!