IGNORED

2022 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Birdied the fourth hole at Sewanee a month ago. Forgot to add that. Have only the third hole left on the composite. Hmmm, where can I find a third-hole par-five…? 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This month I have made a mess of birdies, putting is off the charts with an average of 29 putts for the last 5 rounds. Still #10 eludes me. Yesterday, driver - knock down 8 to 12 feet. Soooooo close! Another tap in par, lol. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Jrwatkins7 said:

How about a 2023 Birdie challenge again?!?

Yeah. I have to do this and the yearly awards on Thursday or Friday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • Administrator

2023 topic is now here:

Thank you for the prompt/reminder, @Jrwatkins7.

• Thumbs Up 1

Once again I missed it by one hole. In 2021 it was pesky 16 (which was one of the first holes to fall last year) and for 2022 it was 10. I am playing today and fully expect to birdie 10 the next 3 times I play! 🤣🤣🤣

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

As I had suspected at the beginning of last year's quest, I was unable to birdie #2 and #15 long par 4 holes at my club (both beyond my distance to reach in 2 from my normal tees).  

• 4 weeks later...

8th hole today.  Short par 4.  Great drive and maybe 50 yards to the green.  PW and the ball dropped to about 2 feet or so from the pin.  Bit of a left to right slider but made it and happy front 9.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

7 hours ago, pganapathy said:

8th hole today.  Short par 4.  Great drive and maybe 50 yards to the green.  PW and the ball dropped to about 2 feet or so from the pin.  Bit of a left to right slider but made it and happy front 9.

Wrong thread! 🙂  We are in 2023 now, you know... Unless you want to complete the challenge over whatever number of years it takes, lol. I would understand that too.  :beer:

• Funny 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

• Administrator

Yes, @pganapathy, this is the 2022 topic. You want to head on over here:

• Thumbs Up 1

• iacas locked this topic