IGNORED

2022 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Just like the 2021 and 2020 topics, we're gonna do it again here in 2022!

Once again, I'd like to birdie every hole at Whispering Woods in 2022 (and maybe every numbered hole on other courses). I'd like you to join me on this quest. This year's spreadsheet is below:

raZSMIH_7L7Qnu20Y4Yg4mXLUFBfr5MgFRnghYBL

Home Course <a href="https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/106401-2021-tst-birdie-challenge/">The Birdie Challenge Topic on TST</a> Name,Course,Location,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 Erik...

Please click through, add your name, home course, and location, and when you make a score on the holes as you play them, update your line in the spreadsheet with your ringer score, basically. The idea is to score a birdie or better on each hole on the course this year.

If you're above a certain handicap and would like to make it a par challenge, go for it! Just add that note to the Notes column.

Please leave the formatting as is. And note that you only write down one score - if you birdie a hole a few times, you aren't writing down -3. It's just your best individual score for each hole.

We can all cheer each other on and see where this takes us!

If you truly play a TON of different courses, then follow these two guidelines:

• If you just play a lot of golf, but still get 20 or 25 (or more) rounds in on one course, consider making that your home course and just doing the birdie challenge there.
  • If you truly play only 20-40 rounds per year, and never more than a handful at the same course, consider trying to birdie holes numbered 1 to 18 across all of your courses. Or even doing it twice. Yeah, some hole #17s will be easier birdies than others, but that's why you might do it twice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas pinned and featured this topic

Rough morning today but managed to birdie #15! Let's go Trappers! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

16th hole. 1/18

332620497_Hole162022.jpg.e49a3845fca6f88106d4b29d939e55bb.jpg

OT: Got home to watch the game.  Go Chiefs!

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Added #4 and the hardest hole on the back #13. I had a legit chance on 3 other holes including the white whale hole from last year that will not be named (#16). 🤣

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Will enter the year as par or better challenge.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Only played back 9 today.  11th hole is a 170ish yard par 3.  Left and back is OB.  Hit a 6 iron but not a super great shot.  Enough that it dropped a bit in front of the green and ran on.  Bunkers on left and right and missed both.  Ended up around 5 feet or so.  Bit of a breaking putt but I made it.  First birdie of the year in my second round of the year.  Hoping it will be a good sign for the year ahead

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I'm in.  Got 2 birdies today that reminded me to sign up for this year's challenge.  #13 (par 4) and #17 (par 3).  Included a birdie that I got on #18 (par 5) last Wednesday.

Edited by Never3putt
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not a great round today, but I did manage to drop a fifteen footer on the par 5 #8 for another new birdie for this year.  4 down, 14 to go 😄 😄

2 hours ago, Never3putt said:

4 down, 14 to go

You are off to a great start!  At this rate, you'll be done by mid-March, weather permitting. :beer:

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

47 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

You are off to a great start!  At this rate, you'll be done by mid-March, weather permitting. :beer:

I wish!!!  🏌️‍♂️

Despite a horrible front 9 hitting one green, I did get a look at 11, made an 8 footer for birdie on 12, just missed a 15 footer on 13, and then I was licking my chops on 14 with a 6 foot downhiller for birdie. Walking off with a bogey, was disappointing as I missed the 3 footer coming back.  Anyway, I did get one more on the challenge 

I missed 3 - 3 footers today. I am punishing the Scotty and putting the Spider Tour back in for a while.  

• Like 1

Sloppy course conditions and even sloppier play today, but I did manage to snake in another hole birdied for the year for my 5th one.  On the #9 par 4, I pulled my drive into the left fairway sand bunker, leaving myself 186 yards to the elevated green and pin.  With very little lip to worry about, I hit a clean 5 wood from the fairly packed sand in the trap and it sailed true to the line and came to rest pin high, 6 feet to the left.  Taking aim at the left center of the hole, I hit the ball with enough speed to remove any break and walked away with the bird.

Added one birdie today (3 so far) and all the missing pars. So a par challenge would already be over! 🙂

• Like 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Despite 3 putting with the Spider Tour on the first green from 20 feet, I was able to put together a decent round. One tee shot through the fairway into a giant bush for a double, a boatload of pars and one birdie added up to a respectable 77 in windy conditions. I knocked off #14 with a tee shot in the left rough, I drew my layup around a tree to about 110 and hit gap wedge to 20 feet and drained it. 

• Like 1

Another birdie today.  The 14th on my home course is a dogleg right par 5.  Probably around 300 yards or so it turns 45 degrees right and total distance is touch over 500.  Pulled my tee shot left and into the 16th fairway.  Didn't have a direct line back onto my fairway but was able to hit a 4 hybrid onto the 12th fairway which is right of the 14th.  Landed up around 100 yards from the green and PW hit the green and stopped within 5 feet and a fairly easy putt.  Touch of break from left to right but able to hole the putt

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Finally a good round shooting a solid 75. Birdied #1 and #5 to knock those off. Number 1 is a par 5 that I hit driver, hybrid, chip and a 6 footer. Five was a punch shot from under a tree limb to 20 feet and I snaked one in. I had a few good looks, one double and no 3 putts. Good day! 

• Thumbs Up 1

4th hole. (2/18)

1024110630_hole42022.jpg.cf630655f2af542ad28b49eb14732e71.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

My first round of the year, and I got birdies on holes 1 & 13 - both of which I didn't birdie in over 20 rounds last year. Funny game....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1