iacas

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

210 posts / 11273 viewsLast Reply

8 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I like the idea but of the 55 rounds this year I played 43 different courses.   

So? Sign up anyway. Pick the course you play the most. See how far you can get.

Use the notes column to denote how many rounds you've played there. It's not like it's serious. 🙂

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Here's the deal, folks: I'd like to play enough golf and birdie every hole at Whispering Woods in 2020. I'd like you to join me on this quest. So, I've set up a spreadsheet here:

YpgK8P6FQewQGmlsyMYKM7sg6iecR8LIXMlEPnoh

Welcome to the 2020 TST Birdie Challenge. Rules? There are no rules. Just fill in your best score relative to par on the holes as you achieve them, and let's all...

Please click through, add your name, home course, and location, and when you make a par or a birdie, add that score to the sheet, with the idea that you're going to birdie all 18 holes on your home course this year.

If you're above a certain handicap and would like to make it a par challenge, go for it! Just add that note to the Notes column.

We can all cheer each other on and see where this takes us!

I’ve actually kept track of this myself as well (birdied 12/18 holes), but I assume we start fresh today. As y’all can probably infer from my “What’d You Shoot Today?” posts, I’m a bogey golfer, but I’d love to try the all-birdie challenge, because it won’t take me long to par every hole on my course. I have confidence in myself that I can make birdie on every hole!

28 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

I’ve actually kept track of this myself as well (birdied 12/18 holes), but I assume we start fresh today.

Yes, the 2020 challenge starts today. 🙂 

And yes, I encourage people to do the birdie challenge, but if you're a 30, the par challenge is fine, too.

I signed up. I haven't birdied all 18 holes at my "home" course in the four or five years I've been playing there, but let's see how many I can knock off this year.

I signed up. Going through 2019 mentally, if I’d tracked it last year I think I got 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, and 18, which pretty closely tracks with the difficulty of those holes vs. the holes I didn’t birdie. And I’m pretty sure a few in there I’ve never birdied  

So here’s hoping I get those plus the other five in 2020. 

Of my two home courses, I'm picking the shorter one. Hawk, over the Eagle, with its hazards, isn't really easier in the overall sense, but there are a lot fewer of those 400-plus par fours. 

Will sign up when I get home. I doubt I'll get enough rounds at my home course to complete the challenge, but that's okay. 

Cool, I'm in.

I've been meaning to do this after I heard the NLU guys discuss doing it on their home course. For me personally I'm going for a mixed par/birdie challenge because birdies are pretty rare for me. Par on 1-9 handicap holes, birdie on 10-18 handicap holes. Stretch goal of birdie on 1-9 handicap holes.

Edited by Darkfrog