IGNORED

2021 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Just like the 2020 topic, we're gonna do it again here in 2021!

Like last year, I'd like to birdie every hole at Whispering Woods in 2021 (and maybe every numbered hole on other courses). I'd like you to join me on this quest. This year's spreadsheet is below:

3v-n0ppv-uAnE3BEmrCgJ-zEkgO6LDgPI25QevBE

Home Course Welcome to the 2021 TST Birdie Challenge. Rules? There are no rules except this one: fill in your best score relative to par on the holes as you achieve them. If you birdie a hole twelve times, it's not -12...

Please click through, add your name, home course, and location, and when you make a par or a birdie, add that score to the sheet, with the idea that you're going to birdie all 18 holes on your home course this year.

If you're above a certain handicap and would like to make it a par challenge, go for it! Just add that note to the Notes column.

We can all cheer each other on and see where this takes us!

Edit: if you truly play a TON of different courses, then follow these two guidelines:

• If you just play a lot of golf, but still get 20 or 25 (or more) rounds in on one course, consider making that your home course and just doing the birdie challenge there.
  • If you truly play only 20-40 rounds per year, and never more than a handful at the same course, consider trying to birdie holes numbered 1 to 18 across all of your courses. Or even doing it twice. Yeah, some hole #17s will be easier birdies than others, but that's why you might do it twice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas pinned this topic

Done!

Didn’t manage to birdie the 1st in last years challenge, had all the rest by midyear sometime.

Played yesterday, 1st hole is well above the fairway and hit my 2nd right at the pin, looked like a kick in.

I said to my mate , that would be ironic if I birdied it on the 1st Jan after last year. As we got closer it was  around 10’ away directly behind the pin....and I missed it :-)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I changed my home course as I will be spending a lot more time in RI.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Knocked out 3 birdies today, so off to a good start, especially considering the conditions are terrible right now. One of the birdies was an elusive one last year, so happy to get this in my first round. The other two were on the holes that I birdie most often, so not much gained there.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

25 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Knocked out 3 birdies today, so off to a good start, especially considering the conditions are terrible right now. One of the birdies was an elusive one last year, so happy to get this in my first round. The other two were on the holes that I birdie most often, so not much gained there.

I’ve never had 3 in one round. I’ve had 2 in a round three times, but never 3. Congrats - fantastic start to the year!

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I’ve never had 3 in one round. I’ve had 2 in a round three times, but never 3. Congrats - fantastic start to the year!

Thanks - any birdies in a round are rare for me. Good rounds are usually low event affairs with a mix of pars and bogeys, maybe a birdie if I’m putting well. 

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• iacas changed the title to 2021 TST Birdie Challenge

I'm in, and had 2 birdies in my first round of the year.  

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I’m definitely in! I birdied 11 out of 18 holes in 2020. Not terrible, but I would’ve liked to get a few more, notably the 2nd, 7th and 11th holes.

My goal is to get at least 15 holes this year. I’m probably playing tomorrow, so hopefully I can start my 2021 golf year off well!

• Like 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Back at it again.

Missed 3 holes last year.  Hope to close them all out this year.

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Good start with 2 birdies, 13 pars, and 3 bogies. Last year I started in July and managed to get 16/18 birdies. Let's Go! 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I didn't participate in the challenge last year because I wasn't sure how much I'd play, but... I'm in this year.  I did keep track, though... and I birdied 13 of 18 (all of the missing holes were among the final 6 holes of the course, so... I guess you could say I have problems closing)!

I've played the front nine twice so far and I've birdied the 8th hole both times.  Nothing even close outside of that.

Looking forward to checking them off!

CY

• Like 2

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

I'm in again this year, knocked out half last year, hoping to get them all this year.

• Like 1

Gus
---------------

I signed up again after my first round of the year at the home course. Checked 12 birdies last year (and all 18 at away courses), and need to do better this year. Good start with 1 birdie.

• Like 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Started up again, played 9 holes the other day and oddly, I birdied the hole that took me the longest last year. Nice to get it out of the way!

• Like 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I am adding now, birdied one of our hardest holes (18) for the first round of the year.

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I am in again but likely won't be advancing very far for a few months.  I signed up for both since I play a lot of different courses but also play a bit at my "home" course.

Brian Kuehn

Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!