IGNORED

2021 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Just like the 2020 topic, we're gonna do it again here in 2021!

Like last year, I'd like to birdie every hole at Whispering Woods in 2021 (and maybe every numbered hole on other courses). I'd like you to join me on this quest. This year's spreadsheet is below:

3v-n0ppv-uAnE3BEmrCgJ-zEkgO6LDgPI25QevBE

Home Course Welcome to the 2021 TST Birdie Challenge. Rules? There are no rules except this one: fill in your best score relative to par on the holes as you achieve them. If you birdie a hole twelve times, it's not -12...

Please click through, add your name, home course, and location, and when you make a par or a birdie, add that score to the sheet, with the idea that you're going to birdie all 18 holes on your home course this year.

If you're above a certain handicap and would like to make it a par challenge, go for it! Just add that note to the Notes column.

We can all cheer each other on and see where this takes us!

Edit: if you truly play a TON of different courses, then follow these two guidelines:

• If you just play a lot of golf, but still get 20 or 25 (or more) rounds in on one course, consider making that your home course and just doing the birdie challenge there.
  • If you truly play only 20-40 rounds per year, and never more than a handful at the same course, consider trying to birdie holes numbered 1 to 18 across all of your courses. Or even doing it twice. Yeah, some hole #17s will be easier birdies than others, but that's why you might do it twice.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas pinned this topic

Done!

Didn’t manage to birdie the 1st in last years challenge, had all the rest by midyear sometime.

Played yesterday, 1st hole is well above the fairway and hit my 2nd right at the pin, looked like a kick in.

I said to my mate , that would be ironic if I birdied it on the 1st Jan after last year. As we got closer it was  around 10’ away directly behind the pin....and I missed it :-)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Knocked out 3 birdies today, so off to a good start, especially considering the conditions are terrible right now. One of the birdies was an elusive one last year, so happy to get this in my first round. The other two were on the holes that I birdie most often, so not much gained there.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Knocked out 3 birdies today, so off to a good start, especially considering the conditions are terrible right now. One of the birdies was an elusive one last year, so happy to get this in my first round. The other two were on the holes that I birdie most often, so not much gained there.

I’ve never had 3 in one round. I’ve had 2 in a round three times, but never 3. Congrats - fantastic start to the year!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I’ve never had 3 in one round. I’ve had 2 in a round three times, but never 3. Congrats - fantastic start to the year!

Thanks - any birdies in a round are rare for me. Good rounds are usually low event affairs with a mix of pars and bogeys, maybe a birdie if I’m putting well. 

• Like 1

• iacas changed the title to 2021 TST Birdie Challenge

I’m definitely in! I birdied 11 out of 18 holes in 2020. Not terrible, but I would’ve liked to get a few more, notably the 2nd, 7th and 11th holes.

My goal is to get at least 15 holes this year. I’m probably playing tomorrow, so hopefully I can start my 2021 golf year off well!

• Like 1

I didn't participate in the challenge last year because I wasn't sure how much I'd play, but... I'm in this year.  I did keep track, though... and I birdied 13 of 18 (all of the missing holes were among the final 6 holes of the course, so... I guess you could say I have problems closing)!

I've played the front nine twice so far and I've birdied the 8th hole both times.  Nothing even close outside of that.

Looking forward to checking them off!

CY

• Like 2

I'm in again this year, knocked out half last year, hoping to get them all this year.

• Like 1

I signed up again after my first round of the year at the home course. Checked 12 birdies last year (and all 18 at away courses), and need to do better this year. Good start with 1 birdie.

• Like 1

I am in again but likely won't be advancing very far for a few months.  I signed up for both since I play a lot of different courses but also play a bit at my "home" course.